Chapter 19: Single Or Dating?

"NON EXISTENT!" V cut off Jungkook

"She doesn't exist. Jungkook is just playing with all off you" V laughed forcily.

The crowd and the MC laughed.

My heart started to calm down thanks to V's lie.

🦋🦋🦋

*Jungkook POV*

I wanted to tell them the truth but V cut me off.

I looked at Y/n she is glaring at me.

"So Nayeon and Y/n are you contented with the gentlemen that are in your life now?" The Mc asked the girls.

"Yes! I just like how Kookie oppa makes me laugh at his jokes and how he hugs me at the back" Nayeon told a lie.

When did I did that?!

"Yes. We go shopping together, hang out and he makes sure that he gives some of his time to me so that our relationship would work" Y/n looked at V and smiled at him.

V hyung is smiling too.

'he makes sure that he gives some of his time to me so that our relationship would work' these words that Y/n said felt like a sharp blade stabbing me.

"How about you V and Jungkook are you both happy?" The MC asked us.

"Yeah. Y/n always make me feel happy and contented" V hyung smiled

I just nodded.

I'm not happy. I want to shout at the top of my lungs that no one can replace Y/n.

Nayeon looked at me waiting for me to compliment her. But I don't have anything to say.

I just blankly stared at the wall.

"Oppa. Kookie oppaa!"Nayeon tapped my shoulder

My focus was back to the interview.

"What is your question?" I asked I didn't get to hear the question because my mind is somewhere else

"If you would say something to Nayeon, what would that be?" The Mc read the card that was in his hands.

"Nothing." I looked at Nayeon and she seems upset with my answer.

"Ohhh uh-hahaha 'nothing' means 'I love you' it is kind of a secret language" Nayeon glared at me and nervously laughed at the crowd.

🦋🦋🦋

*Your POV*

Nayeon is good at covering Jungkook's mistake. How could I hate Nayeon when she is just doing her job. Plus, she doesn't know about Jungkook and I's past relationship.

The interview ended and we all went to a restaurant to eat we are all famished.

The atmosphere is so awkward that I can't stop looking at my phone.

"What are your orders ma'ams and sirs?" The waiter was holding a small pad of paper.

"I guess I'll just have carbonara" I scanned the menu.

They also ordered, and while we are waiting for the food to arrive, there is pure silence in our table.

Nayeon started talking about how TWICE's promotions are running smoothly and how happy she is. She doesn't know how to shut up.

V started to play with my fingers that are over the table.

Jungkook is just staring at us. I looked at him and his eyes were empty. He was about to say something when he was interuppted by the waiter who was now placing our food carefully infront of us.

I just ate and we are so quiet tthat all I can hear is the fork and plate clanking as we eat.

"Sooooo...Y/n are you dating V oppa for real?" Nayeon smiled at me.

"No. We are just bestfriends" I told her the truth.

"Ohhh are you single or dating someone? Secretly." She grinned.

Does she know my past with Jungkook or is it just a coincidence that she asked that.

Jungkook looked at me as if he was expecting something.

I don't want to tell a lie. I have to tell her the truth.