t h i r t y o n e

a/n guys, follow my instagram! I'll follow back if you ask. @dropdeadbrii and read the authors note at the end please! :)

Baelee's pov.

"Zayn, can we come in yet?" I groaned, leaning on the shed. "I'm almost done, give me a minute."  I leaned my head back on the cool metal, we've been out here for at least 45 minutes. Well, Harry and I; Lexi said she "has plans" and just left. But I honestly think she's trying to find a way to get Zayn to fall for her. Only reason I think that is cause Harry and Lexi had a small talk before she left; which Harry blocked me and Zayn out of. "Seriously Zayn, if you dont finish in the next-" I was cut off by Zayn, "Done."

"Finally," I mumbled, gripping the shed door, but I was stopped by Harry who only removed my hand and slid it open for me. "What a gentlemen," I smiled, walking into the small room. Harry chuckled, following behind me. I looked around, seeing Zayn leaning against the wall near a sheet that was pinned up; his arms were also hidden behind his back. I looked at him suspiciously, stopping just a few feet in front of him. I glanced back at Harry, he had the same look of suspicion on his face.

"Okay, so I know you'll get mad I took this,"  Zayn started. I looked at his right arm which was moved in front of him. In his hand, he had my drawing notebook. "Zayn!" I nearly yelled, snatching the book from his hands. I glared at him as he continued to speak, "But wait, it was or a good reason." he continued, grabbing the sheet with both hands. I noticed there were numerous amounts of pant splotches on his arms and hands, even a little on his face. "And that reason is?" I asked, looking at my book to see if any paint got on it.

"This," he said before he tugged the sheet down. As the sheet fell to the ground, the picture that I drew of Harry and I kissing in the puddle of blood was revealed. My eyes widened, his details were amazing and everything. "Wow.." I said just above a whisper, walking up and reaching my hand out to touch the painting. "No!" my hand was smacked away quickly, making me frown. "Its not dry yet." I rolled my eyes jokingly, still examining the picture. It looked so real and better than mine honestly.

"So this is what you mean't by, I can tell I'm going to find something soon." Zayn nodded, "Yeah, after I seen that picture, I knew that was the one." he stated, walking over so he stood right beside me.

It was quiet before Zayn glanced back at Harry, "What do you think?" I looked back at Harry, he was still examining the picture. "I like it, very realistic." he stated, stepping towards us. (Only thing i could imagine is Harry taking a picture and posting it on Instagram and be like, /paintstagram/)  Harry stopped right behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist securely. I smiled, setting my hands over his.

"Oh, I forgot to mention, Thank you Zayn, I love it." I smiled at him, leaning back into Harry's chest. "You're welcome." he mumbled, walking over to the spray paint cans that were right under the painting. "Now I need to find a new place to paint," he told us, picking up the empty cans and walking to the trash can; throwing them away. He sighed, looking around, "its going to be hard finding some place to paint with the money I make down at the Tattoo shop." he mumbled. I never knew he was a Tattoo artist.

"How about trying to sell some of your paintings? I'll even get canvas's and redo mine and sell them too" I offered, looking at him. He shrugged, "I still have to help mom pay the bills." he added, looking at us. I could tell he was still thinking things over when he looked down and bit his lip. "I can get a job and still sell paintings." I offered, hoping he would take it. Zayn shook his head, "No, I don't want you to do that all for me." I huffed, he's being stubborn.

"Well I am, I'll look for a job in Sunday's paper." Zayn looked up at me, he parted his lips to say something, he hesitated, "Okay, do it. I'm not going to argue." he raised his hands up slightly. I smiled in victory, I finally won something; yes it might've been in a conversation, but I was still proud of it.

I looked around, noticing Zayn was looking up at the ceiling. I looked at him confused, looking up also; the ceiling was completely blank. "Okay, out." Zayn shooed us to the door, "get out, I have an idea in mind and I need to concentrate." I held in a laugh as I grabbed Harry's hand and and led him to the door. "Don't fall Zayn," I told him as I stepped out the shed, he was following along. "It wouldn't matter, I'm already dead." he said jokingly before shutting the door.

I looked at Harry who was silent the whole time. "You okay?" I asked him, wrapping my arms around his waist. Harry nodded, "Yeah, um, I was just talking to Lexi." he chuckled, wrapping his arms around me, he locked his hands at the mid of my back. I nodded, "No wonder why you were so quiet." I mumbled, laying my head on his chest. Harry chuckled, "She's trying to find out how to win Zayn over." he chuckled, "My response was 'stop being a bitch' and she got mad." He told me, chuckling still. I laughed, shaking my head, "That's rude Harry, but 100% true."

Sorry for the short chapter, I have a bit of writers block. :( so commenting suggestions would be nice! :)

oh and I figured I should try to get to know the readers better, so if you'd like, you can get in contact with me from

tumblr: fucking-dragneel & fucking-victor Instagram: dropdeadbrii