Chapter 17

THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH AND MY SHIELD. MY HEART TRUSTETH IN HIM, AND I AM HELPED.
THEREFORE MY HEART GREATLY REJOICETH; AND WITH MY SONG, WILL I PRAISE HIM.
Psalms 28 verse 7

For the first time, the workload was enjoyable.
Chiara skipped along, humming with joy.
The clothes on the line fluttered and flapped in the wind as if trying to form a rhythm, to match her ecstatic heart.

Every beat, every sound, memories of her struggle to the "Lighthouse of Success!"

Fully aware that the next chapters of her life, would require a lot of fortitude, she was determined to continue,  in her quest for victory.

That night, using a scrap book.
Chiara began her diary.

Starring on the first page was no other than Mr. Awkward.
A round of applause for him.
This was the first time that he made front page or any page as a matter of fact.
Chiara wrote:

Dear Stepdad,

Forgive me for not living up to your negative expectations. I was not prepared to bow down to you.
My God and Saviour has been watching and guiding my every step.
He will knock on your door, sooner or later. What do you have to say for yourself?

You cannot say no to God, when he beckons you.
If you are not prepared to change.
Be prepared for the ride of your life.
The darkest nights and days ever!

The Bible said to forgive and I shall be forgiven.
This is a "Work in Progress" for me.
I thank you for helping me to be tough.
Thank you for telling me I can't.
For you showed me how I could!

Chiara.