Chapter 9

I brushed both of their hands off me and headed to the doorway. Loki grabbed my arm as I went. "Let go of me." I said. I didn't realize my eyes were turning completely black, the irises and pupils turning a deadly shade of purple. "Listen, I hate to have to do this. I'm sorry." Loki said. He materialized his septer. Before he could do anything, I summoned my tendrils and blocked his attack. My tendrils had changed. They had stripes around them. The stripes were the same shade of deadly purple as my eyes. I pushed Loki backwards, away from me. One of my tendrils found the door handle and turned and opened it. Before I could leave, I heard a few of the Avengers come down to the living room. "Hey where you going?" Tony asked. "Away." I replied. I felt my teeth grow sharper. I had to leave. Now. I thought. I pushed through the door and ran through the streets, running into people along the way.

(Loki's p.o.v)

She bolted from the tower. I dematerialized my septer and Thor and I went after her. I saw her and teleported in front of her. "Lia please, just listen." I said, materializing my septer behind my back. I grabbed her by her wrist and teleported to a forest. "Let go of me!" She yelled as her tendrils thrashed about. "Please, just listen to me." I told her. Slowly her tendrils disapeared as she stepped away from me. "They know now. They'll find and kill me." She said while she slid against a tree, hugging her knees to her chest. I dematerialized my septer and walked towards her. "I'm sorry. I meant nothing by those words that I said. I don't understand how you can trust the type of person I am. I have done things in my past that no one can forgive me for." I said, my Frost Giant form showing. Lia looked up at me, kindness in her eyes as they turned back to normal.

(Lia's p.o.v)

I looked up at Loki, kindness in my eyes as they turned back to normal. "This is all my fault. I wished I had never said those things." Loki said. I cupped his face in my hands. "It's not your fault. I forgive you." I told him. "How can you forgive a monster like me!" He said. I kissed him without warning.