Chapter 5

I groggily woke up. I webt ibto the living room and checked the calender. Kim had to go back home today. I helped her get her stuff together so that she would be ready to leave when the Taxi came. "Okay kiddo, remember, tell your parents that I said hi. Don't forget to call me when you get home." I told Kim. She gave me one last hug before heading out to the Taxi. I waved to her as the Taxi drove off.

(Time skip)

I sat on a bench at the park and stared at the snow-covered ground. It's been a couple days since Kim left. She still hasn't called yet. I looked down at my notebook. For some reason, I had major Artist's block. I saw storm clouds forming in the sky. I got an idea. I pulled my pencil out of my jacket pocket and began to draw. As I drew, I heard my phone buzz. I put my notebook down and looked at my phone. It was a news notification. I opened the notification. Everything around me became dull as I read it. A semi had crashed into the taxi that Kim was in. The taxi was flipped upside down, flames pouring out of it. I lost sight of everything and everyone around me. I quickly ran to the hospital, leaving my notebook behind.

(Loki's p.o.v)

I saw storm clouds forming in the sky. I looked over to where Lia was at. She was sitting on the bench near a tree. All of a sudden, I saw her run out of the park, leaving her notebook behind. I walked over to the bench she was at and picked it up. "Wait! You dropped this!" I called out to her. She kept running.

(Lia's p.o.v)

Once I got inside the hospital and asked where Kim was, the nurses told me which room she was in. I bolted up to her hospital room. I stopped in my tracks when I saw how bad she was hurt. I went over to the side of her hospital bed and took her hand in mine. "I'm so sorry. I should've been there to protect you. This is all my fault." I said while crying. I heard the beeping of her heart monitor slow until it came to a slow beep. No. I thought. She can't die like this! I told myself. I ran out of the hospital room. I yelled for the nurses. They quickly came into her hospital room. I held onto the walls for support. "Shall we call it?" I heard one of the nurses asked. "Go ahead and call it." Another nurse replied. "Time of death: 4:35 pm." The nurse said. I quickly ran out of the hospital, not wanting to hear anything else. I blocked out everything as I ran.

(Time skip)

I sat against the door of my apartment, hugging my knees to my chest. There were only a few lights were on in the apartment. I got up and walked over to the apartment window. I carefuly opened the window and climbed out onto the roof. I looked up at the night sky. I wonder what it would be like to join her. I thought.