liar liar

I blinked quickly as I watched my brother sleeping on the couch. My parents were scurrying around the living room but everything seemed to be in slow motion.

"Jordie!" my dad barked.

"Hmm? What?" I mumbled, reaching up to run my fingers through my bleached hair.

"You need to pack, I'm tired of repeating myself."

"I don't want to go."

"Jordan," he sighed, using my full name, "This will be good for you."

"But I'm fine! I haven't done a line in, like, 3 weeks," I argued.

"Jordan Olivia Perch, I did not raise a liar."

"I'm not lying!"

"Jordan."

"Fine," I huffed, sliding off of the bar stool, "It's been two days." And with that, I walked to my bedroom upstairs to grimace at the luggage on my bed. I packed gingerly and neatly, making sure outfits were paired together correctly. As I opened my underwear drawer my heartbeat quickened. A small bag of cocaine was tucked away under a pair of polka dot panties. I wanted to keep it. I really, really wanted to keep it. But I picked the baggie up nonetheless, and walked to the bathroom to flush the substance. I took a deep breath and leaned against the wall to watch the swirling water.

"Something interesting?" my brother asked, suddenly standing in the doorway.

"No," I said sharply, slamming the toilet lid down.

"I'm going to miss you, Jordie."

I grinned at him, "I won't be gone long. I'll be better when I get back."

"You promise?" he asked, his lips curving into a small smile when I nodded. He opened his arms and I waddled forward to accept the hug.

"Goodbye, Jasper."

"Goodbye, Jordie."

+

FEEL FREE TO TOTALLY IGNORE THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE IT SUCKS ANd the story actually starts in the next chapter ayo ALSO WATCH THE THING MY WONDERFUL FRIEND BRITCHES MADE :DDDDD video on the side