your bra strap is showing

{Carey mulligan with her short great gatsby hair plays Amy btw she's so adorable}

Truth or dare with a bunch of antisocial teenagers was not my idea of fun. No one ever chose dare, and the truth questions went from okay to "literally the worst question I've ever heard, you must not have a brain". Amy fell asleep during the third round, and Michael started playing games on his PSP. I just sat in the corner seat on the couch, waiting to see if I'd ever get chosen again after lashing out at the small 14 year old girl that dared me to tell her if it was true that I had sex for money.

"Jordie," Ashton said sharply, "Truth or dare?"

"Dare, duh," I yawned, running my fingers through my hair.

"I dare you to do seven minutes in heaven with Michael," he demanded.

Michael looked up when he heard his name, "Hm?"

"I dared Jordie to do seven minutes in heaven with you," Ashton replied curtly.

"Whatever, that's easy," I uttered snidely, standing up and following Michael to the closet that was filled with board games and Rock Band guitars.

"Ow! I stepped on a Sorry! piece," he scoffed.

I made sure to slide my feet to avoid stepping on anything as he pulled the door shut and turned off the light.

"This is so heavenly," I mumbled sarcastically.

"Isn't it?"

"My knee hurts."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I'm not a doctor."

"Sorry."

"Are we going to do the do or just bicker?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"Do the do? Do you mean kiss?"

"No, I mean, are we going to lick each other's toes? Yes, kiss, bozo."

"Why would I kiss someone that keeps calling me bozo?" he asked, his hands searching for my shoulders.

"Because I say it in the most loving way. Why are you messing with my bra strap, Michael?"

I couldn't see his face, or anything else for that matter, but I could feel his fingers fiddling with the adjuster on the strap.

"It was showing," he said as he pushed it back under my shirt.

"Oh."

I could hear the group continuing their game while we were in the closet.

"I'm going to kiss you now," Michael whispered.

I opened my mouth to speak but Michael was already leaning in to kiss me so he kissed my teeth.

Embarrassed, I laughed quietly and closed my mouth, standing up on my tippy toes to meet his lips again. His hands moved from my shoulder to my hips as mine moved to the back of his neck.

When you kiss someone that you like even when you don't realize you like them is like exploring a new world. Except you're exploring someone's mouth. While they explore your's. Either way, it's a magical thing.

Michael's hand touches my hair and he mumbles something about how he can't believe I cut it, but insists that he likes when I get sad because I think he hates it. We explored each other's mouths until Luke knocked on the door and said that the seven minutes are up, and that's when we realized what we had done. I was in shock as I slowly walked back to my seat. Michael just stood in the darkness of the closet, lightly touching his pink lips that were once on mine.