Chapter 8

When Wednesday came around, Keith was back on the train. He looked a lot better, Lance noticed with a not inconsiderable amount of relief. The flush on his cheeks was gone and his pale skin looked a little less sickly than before. At this point Lance wasn't even sure whether he naturally looked that pale and all the black just amplified it or whether he was still sick. Keith needed some other colors to wear, he decided. Throughout the weekend Lance had rediscovered his passion for knitting, so Keith better be prepared for a nice scarf sometime next week.

Glad to see you're feeling better. You had me worried there for a bit.

Lance had already finished his note by the time he discovered Keith's.

There were like 3 tissues in the box. Do you expect me to thank you now?

He broke out into laughter that he just barely managed to muffle on time, turning it into a heavy snicker instead. Keith was ruthless. And here Lance had been worried about that asshole.

That's 3 tissues more than without me. Learn to appreciate my kindness, Keith.

And then: We're in September, Christmas is fast approaching, Santa is watching your every move.

This time he was smiling when he got off the train.