Chapter 20

Not really. You seem to have a lot of confidence, it has to come from somewhere.

Lance stared at the note, then stared some more. He was pretty sure that his mouth had fallen open as he reread it for the fifth time.

This was flirting. This was totally flirting, right? It was, right?! And not even the kind of flirting where he tricked himself into believing that the other half was interested to keep his composure, no, this was real, actual flirting. Right?!

He needed confirmation.

Instead of letting the note stick to Keith as he usually did, he took it off and put it in his backpack. He had to discuss this with Hunk and Pidge. This was serious business. The one person that brightened his morning every day might be interested in him, no time for jokes.

Lance was so caught up in panicking over the note that he didn't even realize that he forgot to reply.

Sorry, did I offend you yesterday?

For a while Lance just kept blinking at the post-it. Offended? With what?

No dude, I felt flattered. You're not so bad looking yourself ;)

Even if I still think you should tone down the edge.

He stuck both of the sticky notes directly to Keith's own, then sat back into his seat and rubbed his arms. It was about time to get out his winter jacket, it was freezing outside. At least Keith was still wearing both the scarf and the beanie, so Lance knew that even with the same old leather jacket he would be mostly warm.

Keith.

He had shown the note to Hunk yesterday and without even knowing the context of it his eyebrows had shot up. It was flirting, he had agreed. Lance had also pulled Pidge into it and she had brought up the valid point that it might have just been a very unfortunate worded compliment... but when Lance had told her about their previous exchange, she had also agreed that it was flirting. No doubt.

So. This was a thing. Keith had been flirting with him.

And Lance was so down for it.

Hesitating a little, Lance grabbed his pen once more. Yeah, he would add a third note.

I have another present for you. 1 donut, I actually just need your plastic bag.