~1~independent

I had to go to the cafe today to study for my midterms. I go to cafe called Espresso-self. I work here usually on weekends since weekdays are always busy for me.

It was fall and the wind was starting to pick up which led to me wearing a sweatshirt and leggings. I don't wear makeup and make me appeal to other people. There's really no need to. I'm not trying to impress anyone.

As I was on my way to the cafe, I saw so many couples acting lovey dovey. Like why? I'm honestly disturbed by love. I mean you can only get hurt in the end. Isn't live temporary anyway? Especially this one playboy at our school. Yes, it's a big school but rumors make it so small.

I finally made it to the cafe where I took a seat by the window then went to order myself an americano. I don't like a lot of sweet things, I mainly like bitter things. I'm not a boring person who isn't sociable. I do like being sociable but I'm always so busy with work and my friends always want me to join parties but I honestly can't.

As I was studying a couple walked in. The guy started to move his hands down to her ass and squeezed it. The female just giggled as they went to go order. I immediately had a disgusted face plastered on. Is live just getting to touch someone? Do people mistake love for lust? Is love even a thing anymore?

I wasn't always disgusted by love. I had a boyfriend in high school. Honestly thought it was gonna last forever but all I found out from it was that it was all a bet. I found out in the worst way possible too.

It was already one year and I was happy on where we were at. I was walking home until I realized that I was supposed to give my boyfriend something. I walked to his house to find the door unlocked. I walked in and heard a girl scream from upstairs. I slowly crept up the stairs as I opened the door and found my boyfriend sleeping with someone else. I immediately ran away. The next day I broke up with him only for him to respond. "Fine. You were just a bet. I got bored anyway."

Ever since then, I've just been independent. I'm not disgusted by boys though. I have a lot of friends that are guys. Especially my best friend, Seokjin. He's gay so he understand some of what I complain about. We met freshmen year of college which is when I also met my girl best friend, Minji. She is so fascinated in love and has a new boyfriend all the time. We're complete opposites in the category but I love her to death. She is always there for me which is the best thing about her.

I was so zoned out that I didn't realize someone was talking to.

"Excuse me?"
"Oh sorry. What can I help you out with?" Getting out of my trance. I looked up.....

TBC
Hoped you liked this chapter. I'm going to see if I can make it longer next time.