Chapter 1: The Story Begins! The Hunt for the False DragonSlayer

*10 Years Ago*

The young boy traversed the mountains looking for some food to keep him comfortable for the evening. *groooowwwl* "man... I'm really hungry" in the distance he heard a pack of wolves howl toward the moon. "huuh....well, I think I saw a cave back there... so I guess I'll stay there for tonight." Aren looked up torwad the moon, then returned to the cave to rest the night.

*The Next Morning*

"YAAAAAAWWNN...........morning me....oh right today is that day." Aren started to wrap up the camp site he had made last night to sleep. "time to lay the ceremonial stone like the one I'd set up last year" Aren grabbed a large stone and shoved it into the ground, and then etched the name Elesa in to the stone with his lightning magic. Aren wiped his wet eyes and left the cave to continue on.

*Later that Day*

"H-Hey, that looks like a building or what are they called, cat...co..cottaches, ah well I think that's right, but whatever, maybe someone live there! I've got to go check." Aren dashed down the cliff side toward the building "HEEEEY! Mr.SOMEONE!!! LET ME IN PLEASE!!!" Aren Ran toward the door at full sprint when an elderly man opened the door and Aren flew into the house hit the wall so hard that it broke. "Hey there kiddie" the older man laughed as he greeted Aren "H-He-Hello" Are said standing up and dusting himself off. "Sorry Mister for accidentally breaking your wall" Aren said looking at the damage he caused. "oh it's all right...Here! I've got an idea. The old man said with a sly smirk "You can be my servent" The old man said handing Aren a hammer.

*One Year Later*

"OI! Aren! You're sure getting a hang of tilling the garden!" The man that had taken Aren in had aged significantly in one year "Thanks Gramps!" The older man walked over to Aren putting his hand on his shoulder "Hey tomorrow is the day that dragon... Elesa had found you, also what you call your birthday" "Yeah...that's tomorrow isn't it...I can't believe that it's been a four years since She found me." Aren glanced up into the sky reminiscing about his dragon and what she'd done to save him.

*later that evening*

As the two sat down to eat dinner they saw a troop of soldiers coming up the path. The older man got up from his dinner chair and stared at the soldiers through the window. "Kingdom soldiers...Aren you need to leave!" the old man started to pack a bag for Aren with essentials to last him several days "W-Wait Gramps...No! I won't leave!" Aren started to get upset and angry "Not today! I won't leave you Today of All Days!" "It's not a suggestion Aren! You must leave!" The Elder that had supported Aren for a whole year had never raised his voice that Aren heard. The man picked Aren up and threw him out the back door "Aren...I'm sorry...truly. Now Go! Run there is a city not too far away from here called Magnolia, there is a wizard's guild called Fairy Tail. Go there, ask to speak to Salamander he will help you find the man who killed you're dragon. I know it." The man turned around and started for the front door "Wait...Gramps...may I ask your name?" The old man stopped for moment "Igneel." "Thank You...for everything...Grandfather Igneel" Aren turned and ran for the hills that Igneel had directed him toward.

*Present Time*

Aren had been in Fairy Tail for many years now. He was a respected Mage but scarcely talked to anyone. "todays is that day once again...July 6th X784" July 6th was an important day for Aren it was the day Elesa had found him, it was the day she was killed, it was the day he had found Igneel and it was the day he was supposedly killed. "it's too depressing here. I'm going on a job." Aren grabbed his apartment key, locked up, and headed to fairy tail."

(Hello everyone. This is my first fanfiction. I hope you enjoy it, also I'll be trying to get this up at least twice a week maybe more, depending on how productive I feel. Anyway tell me how feel about his chapter and how you think chapter 2 may go. Thank you all for reading the first part of what I hope to be an epic story that's may take a while to truly complete.)