21

I'm soo sorry this is really late and probably no one will read this :( but i've been so busy and really I haven't reall been inspired to continue this story. Until tonight that is. I have it planned out and it might come to an end shortly. 

p.s. thanks for waiting and sticking by the story this far. Also a warning the end to this chapter has some strong language - just be prepared ha.

----

[Lana]

When I got out of the shower I realized I was alone. Harry had gone out to run by the shop and let Bonnie know what was happening. At least according to his text he left me.   

I hate to think that with him gone - even if just for a few minutes - i'm alone. I know i'm not Harry has proven to stick by me no matter what. I guess I just hate the fact that I have completely changed from who I was before he came into my life. I was the type of person to depend on no one but myself. Now look at me. The thought of becoming too dependent on Harry actually terrifies me. I'm running into the arms of a man who I think I know. What if he turns out exactly like him.

No. He isn't. I tell myself while run the comb through my hair one last time before setting it down and looking at myself in the mirror.

My face is pale, there are rings around my swollen eyes, and I am putting my hope into Harry's promise. He thinks I didn't hear him last night just as I fell into my deep sleep. He promised we'd figure all of this out. I swore I'd never depend on a man the way my mother did once, but given the circumstances what else is there to do? Just like my mom did in the past, I'm doing it because I love him. And that makes me believe he's being honest.

I just hope he can live up to his promise and my insecurities don't get in the way of letting him fulfill it.

I sighed and focused on the problems at hand and focus on my mom and getting her the hell out of that hospital. I haven't called the cops on my dad because I want to prevent anymore chaos. I've put myself, my mother, and now Harry through enough. Yet, if worst comes to worse, i'll have no choice. Although Harry has taken both me and my mother out of that hell hole. I know this isn't over. That man will come looking for me.

It'll be easier to find me when he goes looking in every near by hospital for us. He may be a worthless drunk but he isn't stupid. He'll know Harry would take us to get some medical attention.

*

By the time I forced myself to eat half a bagel and down some coffee I had received a text from Harry telling me to be ready. Naturally when I heard a knock at the door I figured it was him being a dork and knocking on his own door. I finished slipping my toms on when I opened the door to see another Styles family member. Gemma.

“Great it's you” she rolled her eyes and pushed past me into Harry's apartment. If I wasn't so caught up in my own mishaps I'd tell her off right here and now. Despite the fact that Harry might dislike the idea. I'm in love with him not his sister.

“Harry's not here he'll be back in a few minutes” I sigh as I attempt to close the door.

“What a shame, guess we'll have to wait” James announces, his foot blocking the door from being shut. I whip back to see his devious smile in my face. “What are you doing here?” I hiss forgetting his step daughter is in the room.

“Don't talk to him like that” she defends the creep. If she only knew. She'd still defend him I bet. The thought wouldn't surprise me but my gut tells me she has morals.

“It's alright Gemma, she hasn't warmed up to me just yet” he winks.

“And I never will” I mumble to myself as I cross my arms over my chest. As much as this man gives me the creeps this isn't my place to deny him or Gemma access. This is in fact Harry's place.