It's something more

Jason's POV

Mel ended up picking the restaurant. I couldn't make up my mind. We kept just working around like idiots. I was so embarrassed. She was a little pissed for a while. She didn't laugh at jokes, that was obviously funny.

She looked at her food and avoided eye contact. She didn't use many words. She finally cooled off and talk to me. After that, dinner was balmy. She started to laugh at my jokes and responded with a few of her own. I opened up to her a bit and she did too. I got to ask her about the start of her company. She was so inspiring. The best boss I could wish for.

That night I got a call from my girlfriend, Emily. She would be gone for another two weeks. I was devastated but she was away for a good cause. I loved her for that. Love. I guess I am in love.

Since the time I've been away with Em away, I've been having lunch with Mel. She and I have been becoming quite acquainted with each other. She's also just great company. I didn't know what I would do with Em away but Mel has really been a bad distraction. I mean a good distraction. A very good distraction. There was nothing I was doing wrong. Mel is my boss. Just a boss I admire.

Mel's POV

I'm tired. This has been a long day. I looked at the clock and it was 12 am. I should stop staying at work so late. I packed up my stuff and made my way out of the office.

Huh? Is someone still working? I could've sworn I was alone. I went up to their chair and tapped on their shoulder. "Time to go home. It's late." I said.

They didn't move. They didn't respond. I turned the chair around. He looked dead. OMG. It's Jason. Why isn't he moving? He head fell onto his shoulder. I grabbed his tie. I yanked it. He was still unresponsive. "Jason! Can you hear me:?" I yelled at him. I was freaking out. I became sweaty. I kept yelling his name. I began to shake. D*mn. He cannot die on me. I slapped him.

"Ow. What the-" Jason said.

I hugged him. "I'm so glad you are alright. I thought you were dead, Jason."

"I'm alright but I'm about to turn red."

"It doesn't matter as long as you're alright." I hugged him tighter.

"Yeah, I'm alright, doll." He smirked.

I stopped hugging him and got up. "No one calls me that but-" I froze.

He is not Jason. He is-

"Do you remember me, doll? Mason. Not Jason. I see that you tried to replace me but you did a poor job."

"Where is Jason?"

"He's right here." Mason pulled him from under the desk. Jason was dead. I cried. Mason was a killer. I loved a killer.

"Don't cry for him. I'm right here. I'm all you need." He said with his conniving smile. He walked over to me. He hugged me. Then I pushed him away.

"I'm not trying to replace you. I don't want to replace you. You are the worst thing that happened to me."

"You don't really mean that. You loved me after all. You told me I was your first."

He was my first. He was my only. I wanted to take back everything I had with him.

"You are my first. Doesn't mean I don't regret it. You are the biggest regret I have in life!" I yelled at him.

"You are only saying this because of him." He said him like he had a bad taste in his mouth.

"No, Jason means nothing to me."

"Then what about those lunches you've been having?" Mason whispered in my ear.

I woke up.