Mistake #1264647484884848448

Jason's POV

"It's him again, isn't it? This is the third time this week. My migraines will come back for sure." My boss was telling my coworker.

I did NOT want her to get a headache. She would stop everyone from what they were doing to grab her an Advil.

I dropped her mug. It spilled but mostly fell on the floor.

I went to the janitor. "David?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know why you're here." He handed me a towel. This was only one of the many accidents I had. It was to the point that Mel told him to stop cleaning up after me.

"Man, get your stuff together." He said disappointingly.

"I will try but..."

Mel's stern voice cut me off. "Where is Jason? He needs to come to clean up this mess immediately."

I knew right away that I was on her bad side. I walked quickly back to her. If I was lucky, I would've seen the wet floor sign, unfortunately, this isn't a story about a guy who has everything going for him. This is the real-life me. The clumsiest guy in the world.

I fell face-first into the water. Great. Now my face. I was always told if I didn't have my face I wouldn't have anything else. I was ashamed of what she would say.

"Jason, just go clean yourself up. I got this." She reached out her hand to me.

I stood up. I didn't give her the towel. I had to be accountable for however many mess-ups I do. I couldn't let anyone be responsible for it.

"It's my fault. I'll clean it up."

"You said that last time...The only reason I offered is that your shirt is drenched." She pointed to my shirt.

I looked down. My shirt was indeed drenched. It stuck to my skin.

"I don't think there's any professional way to say this, so I'm just going to say it. Your chest is showing through your shirt." She let out a small puff of laughter then got serious. " Wait. I was so focused on your wet shirt that I didn't see your nose. Are you okay? Does it hurt?" She asked in a sweeter, concerning voice. She seemed so much different than her normal self almost as if she was a nice person. She touched my nose, it stung a little. I was a little roughed up.

She started crying, "Your nose is stunning."

"Why are you crying?" I held her hands to console her. What else can you do for someone crying?

She smacked away my hands. Her voice dropping lower, she said, "I'm sorry, I snapped as soon as you touched me. I have issues... with being touched. I shouldn't have touched you in the first place. I'm sorry again. Clean this up please". She walked off.

It felt cold all of sudden. Was it the AC or Mel's cold shoulder? She turned into a brick so fast. Maybe it was both. I was actually shivering so definitely both. Might as well take off my shirt. I'm just going to be colder in it than out. I took my shirt off. I walked into her office. The cleaning began.

****

Mel's POV

My employee saw me cry. This is humiliating. Then I shed a few more tears. Hopefully, he wouldn't see me like this. SO emotional. Any little thing can make me cry. Even little things like Jason. I know I was on my period but I had to be strong though. Everything should not get to me.

I turned in my chair to see Jason. I wiped away my tears away real fast. I forgot the cup dropped in MY office.

Why does his shirt look paler? Oh, wait... not his shirt. Why doesn't he have a shirt on? I got flustered and turn back around at my desk. I know I'm attracted to him but I have to get a hold of myself. I am the boss after all. An employee takes off his shirt. It's no big deal. Doesn't matter if he looks extremely good without his shirt on... Get a hold of yourself.

Hold on... there is a half-naked man in my office. I have to make him get some clothes on and quick. I know he can be confused and dimwitted at times but this is ridiculous. Someone's gonna think I'm treating my employees inappropriately.