It's you again?

Mel's POV

A sudden shock came to the room. I looked at Jason. He looked at me. Then I look back at him. Both of our mouths seemed to open but words were at a lost.

"Ha. Ha. What's up with you guys? You know each other or something?" Nico asked.

"Uh...yeah. He my employee..Hehe..." I said awkwardly.

"I'm also a friend." Jason added.

"I guess that too..."

"Wow, this is a small world. You must be the one who sent the letter." Nico was definitely trying to be messy.

"What letter?" Jason asked.

"You know the one that you gave her after she slept in the office. Mimi was sure smiling hard when she read it."

"HAHAHA. Well enough of that Nico. We definitely don't need to bring that up."

I dashed a bad look at Nico. He just smiled at me.

"Jason, if you could excuse us for one moment." I grabbed Nico's arm and dragged him into his room. I slammed the door shut.

Jason's POV

I heard some yelling but really couldn't make out the words. Even with the my ear to the door, I only heard some high pitched sounds. I heard the door budge and dashed back to the couch.

"Sorry I just had to get a word in with my very best friend here." She push her elbow into Nico's side. A muffled yep came from Nico as he pretended he wasn't hurt.

"It's okay, Mimi-" The words came out my mouth before I realized. My face immediately turned red. I averted my eyes to the floor. " Well it was nice to meet you Nico and see you again boss but I should be awkward. I mean...going. I-I'm just going to go..." I gave an awkward laugh as I rushed out the door. I was saying how stupid I was over and over again. I was slapping my forehead. Then I saw two sets of eyes.

"We can still see you." Nico said.

"...probably should've closed the door. "

"That would've be a great idea. See you later Jason!" Nico was trying to hold in a laugh.

"Bye guys." I waved.

He closed the door and a muffled laugh seeped through the cracks. I sighed and walked off.

Great. I'm a laughing stock. I can't believe I called my boss that. We are friends but she's my boss first. Calling her that seemed so intimate. Then my face went red. I can never conceal my feelings. She must think I have no respect from her. This is another strike after my girlfriend... I mean ex-girlfriend. We're not together. I shouldn't feel as bad then right? No, she's going to think I lost all respect for her. I'll show Mel that I'm still a worthy employee and a good person. I called a cab and waited down by the bar front. My phone started buzzing and I saw that it was from Mel.

"Hey,Jason. Are you still downstairs?"

"Yeah, my cab isn't here yet."

"Okay, I'll be right down."

Those words made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. She probably thinks I have gotten too close to her too quickly and decided to not be friends with me anymore. Maybe that's the case but I don't want to stop being close to her. I want to get even closer.

"What's with the intense face?" She asked me.

"Nothing."

"I know that we may not have had the best relationship at this point and now you feel awkward.We probably have seen too much of each other's lives than we should. I'm sorry for that. I know that it is not my fault that your girlfriend is racist but I should not have put myself into a position for someone to think that we are together. Even if I don't necessarily like your girlfriend, I'm sorry for disrupting your relationship." Mel explained.

"It's okay. I didn't mind."

"Well either way I didn't mean to imply a personal relationship between us."

"I appreciate it but she really was just a naturally jealous person. It wasn't you." I answered.

"Okay at least let me take you home." She offered.

Her car was parked in a leey a few blocks away. I got into the passenger's seat and put on my seatbelt.

We drove for a bit. Mostly only engaging in small talk. I didn't particularly like small talk but I appreciated that she was trying to put in the effort.

"She's my ex, by the way." I said without context.

"Oh. I  would say I'm sorry but I can't exactly say I feel that way. It's none of my business but my she did not seem like someone of your moral standards."

"Really?"

"I believed you have a lot of good in you. Now I can confirm that."

"I didn't know you thought of me that way."

"It's exactly what I look for in a friend.I didn't always care about that in a person but now I'm only trying to surround myself with people like that. You're in my life so i wanted you to be just that. "

"We are officially friends then? When we were with Nico you said I was just an employee."

"I just wanted to keep things as professionally as possible. We seem to be crossing paths more often than not. I don't want people to get the wrong idea. Not again..."

"Not again what?"

I saw her wipe a tear from her face. "It's nothing. I'm just blabbering. How do you get to your place?"

I knew something was disturbing her but it wasn't my place so I didn't say anything. I guided her to my apartment without mentioning her slight moment of sadness.

"This is where you live? It looks amazing on the outside I wonder what it would look like on the inside."

"Yep. I'll have to show you sometime." I stepped out of the car.

"A jokester, I see. Scurry along before my tank gets on E."

" I will. But I think you know I saw your tears. Know that if you ever need a friend, I'm here. Even to just cry on."

"Thanks." She gave me the tiniest smile and drove off. And she was gone before I knew it.