- Chapter 1 -

~ Mia's P.O.V ~

Hello, my name is Mia and I'm 20 years old. I am half American/half Korean (Not to mention that I can speak both languages as well, plus a little French), my height is 5'8", I am a dog lover, and my hobbies are singing, dancing and art. When I was very little, I didn't know my real parents that much. I grew up at an orphanage in the U.S for a few years, and by the time I was 8 years old, I got adopted. My new family is from Thailand. My adoptive parents couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand them most of the time, but they were very patient with teaching me Thai and they have given me nothing but unconditional love. I have a brother too, his name is Chittaphon but because I've mostly had trouble saying his name as a kid, we agreed to give him the nickname "Ten". At first, me and Ten had our differences and he was a little upset that he wasn't an only child anymore, but after trying to understand the kind of people we are, we became really close siblings. Also, he's a year older than me, he likes singing and dancing like me, and he was very interested in speaking English so he asked me to teach him since he could only speak a little bit (He's a fast learner). So yeah, that's pretty much my life story.

Anyways, today was a Saturday evening and I just got back home from hanging out with some friends. As I walk through the door, I see mom and dad sitting on the couch having a conversation. Since I didn't want to interrupt them, I headed towards the kitchen in search of food. I checked the fridge, and I found some leftover dinner from yesterday. I heated it up and started to eat it. Then, I see Ten coming in the kitchen and he saw me eating.

Ten: *Whines* "Mia, I was going to eat that."

Me: *Giggles* "Sorry bro, you should've eaten it when you had the chance."

(He starts to act cute)

Ten: *Cutely* "At least let me, your favorite big brother, have a few bites. Pleaaassee?"

(I laughed at him)

Me: *Smiles* "First of all, you're my ONLY big brother. Second of all, since you acted very cute towards me, I will allow you to have a few bites."

Ten: *Smiles* "Thanks sis, you're the best."

(We finished sharing the food)

Mom: "Kids, can you come here for a minute? Your dad and I have to talk to you."

(We went over to our parents and sat on the couch opposite of them)

Mom: "Kids, your dad and I had just finished talking about some stuff. We know that you two are young adults now and are capable of making your own life choices. So, we have decided that... you guys will be moving to Seoul."

(Ten and I looked at each other with shocked faces)

Ten: *Shocked* "We're going to Korea? Just Mia and I on our own?"

Dad: "Yes son, you and your sister will be in Korea on your own. We found a nice affordable house for you two, and we will take care of the bills so you don't worry about that. However, it is not going to be like that for long. We will take care of it until you two get jobs, that goes for buying food as well. We will give you some money to start you off, I expect you two to spend it wisely. Also, your mom and I thought that it would be a good idea for you to go back to school, so we enrolled you in college."

(I started feeling a little unsure)

Me: "I... I don't know about this. I mean, what about you guys? I don't want to leave you all alone."

(Ten nods in agreement)

Mom: *Smiles* "Oh baby, you two don't need to worry about us. This was our choice, we thought that this is what's best. Sooner or later, you're gonna have to learn to be independent and make your own decisions. Your father and I will be fine."