Chapter 3 ~Nina~

"Um, not really. I like to go solo." I told the new Mia who had shorter hair, up to her shoulders, and a pointier nose. We were in a alley, to get away from all the chaos in the main lobby. 

"Please! I have no where else to go!" She begged. I sighed,

"Fine, but only for a little bit." Her face lit up and she hugged me saying.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She said into my shoulder. I didn't return the hug, I just sort of stood there awkwardly, patting her back.

"Ok, lets head to the next village, I'm going to add you to my party." I opened up my menu and sent her a party invite. She accepted it with a big goofy grin on her face.

"If we get there in enough tie, we might be able to get all the coins and exp available while everyone is fighting." I told Mia, who had determined look on her face. She nodded and said,

"Let's go, I want to level up as much as I can!" And she put back on her goofy smile she usually has. I rolled my eyes and grinned, We both ran to the village, her following behind me. There were a few lvl 1 monsters in our path, but I easily defeated them. Before I knew it, I was lvl 3. Mia was lvl 2, she was becoming a lot more skilled than before, she had begun to be going faster with her rapier. I was also swinging a lot faster too. I got a rare drop that is a blue top, with +300 armor on it. It showed my stomach with a little frilly bottom on it. It also came with a little matching frilly skirt. It had +200 armor on it. Mia got a few items too, but she didnt put them on. We came to the village and got all the gold and Exp possible. I was now lvl 10 and she was a lvl 8. We got pretty high lvls this early in the game. We went to the nearest town to rest up since it was the middle of the night. We rented a room and kept on talking about how much good loot we got. I almost have enough to buy a house. I gave half of my gold to Mia tho so we could share. We had enough gold to rent a 2 room suite.

"I cant believe we did that!" Mia said as we got to our room.

"I'm so grateful you let me come along. I would've NEVER been able to that by myself." she said laying down on her bed hand underneath her head looking up at the ceiling. I was sitting on chair with the back on my chest.

"I havn't pulled one of those even when I was a beta tester." I told her. I havn't really been happier ever since Kayaba's speech. Then I reminded myself, this isn't a game, this is a life and death situtation. I shouldn't be having fun, I should focus on my levels and get as skilled as possible so I can take on the first floor boss.

"Mia, I'm heading out, I'm going to the market to buy a cloak to cover up my armor so the other players won't get jealous. Most players in MMO's are jealous people." I told her. She replied with a snore. I guess she fell asleep already. I sighed and walked out of the room and closed the door softly so I wouldn't wake her up. I went down the stairs and I bumped into a hooded figure on accident. He growled, "Sorry," I muttered and kept on walking down the stairs. I loved the night air on my face, as I ran to the market. Some players looking at me with astonishment, others with jealousy. I heard some mumbling about me, like, "Where'd she get that?" or "Shes a beta tester, all they care about is themselves." I ingnored there harsh comments, and kept on walking down the street to the market. I asked the NPC for a hooded cloak, she handed me one and I exchanged it with her for 200 gold. I lso bought a winter coat so I could have it with me for when winter comes. I told her thank you. I equiped it and walked back to the hotel, avoiding contact with other players.

~Time Skip to Hotel~

I walked into the room and saw Mia was still sleeping. I stayed up a little longer, sitting at the table looking at my items I got from the enemys I killed today. I yawned and headed to bed. I almost instantly fell asleep in the warmth of the pillow, I un-equiped the cloak and went to sleep.

~Next Morning~

I woke up to Mia looking over my face grinning with excitement. I screamed and pushed her off, she fell to the laughing hysterically. 

"What was that for?!" I yelled from being frightened by Mia. What is wrong with her?

"Just to get you up!" She said in between laughs. I sighed and got up. I put on my cloak and said, 

"Come on, lets go find a easy dungeon to do so we can level up some more for the 1rst floor boss." I equiped my cloak and went out of the room.

"Wha-Wait up! Where'd you get that cloak!?" She said running after me.

"I got it while you were sleeping." We checked out of the hotel and went out in search for a dungeon. I knew where one was, but I'm not sure if it is a good enough level for Mia. But, I guess, we'll see.