Chapter 10 ~Mia~

I woke up to a boring inn room that had become all too familiar. Although all of the inns were different, their basic style and layout stayed the same, and 2 months waking up in this kind of room got bland. Although I probably shouldn't be enthusiastic about this game, I couldn't wait to advance to better levels, I'd be able to get some sort of diversity. I opened my menu, quickly checking the time. 

9:00, I had an hour to get to the Tower. Personally, I wasn't really up for a fight. Not today at least. I felt that people were still shaken up about being trapped here, and they might not fight as good as they could. I get the idea of wanting to beat the game as soon as possible, but isn't this a bit risky? For all we know, people who were called to fight might not even fight at all.

I sat up and slid out of bed, equipping my armor. I might as well get there early, it might give me more time to wrap my head around the fact that I have to fight a boss, and die. I had been close to dying before, and if it wasn't for Kirito, I'd already be dead. I sighed, not really wanting to think such somber thoughts before fighting. I had realized that my thoughts were somewhat contradicting themselves, but at this point I had stopped caring. I walked out of the room, not really ready for the day ahead of me. Sure I was somewhat ready equipment-wise, but mentally, I don't think so. I almost laughed as I began to walk to where we had to meet with our groups. I checked the time again. I had taken a pretty long time in my room, so I wasn't surprised when the time said 9:30 AM. 

It took me a few more minutes to get to the ampitheater where we had met before. It was at this point that I realized I could have just warped to the place, but walking was somehow better. In that time I kind of realized how beautiful the world was, and if it was this good at the bottom few levels, I couldn't think what the highest level was like. I smiled, waving to Nina, who was here early, like me. She probably wasn't as jittery as I was, as I was pretty sure that she wasn't as scared as easily as I was. I shrugged to myself, going to sit with her and a couple others from my party. I scratched the back of my head awkwardly, not really knowing how to strike up a conversation. 

Anyway, we ended up sitting there and waiting for Diabal to get here, as well as everyone in the other parties. Suddenly, in a great silence, we heard running footsteps, and We saw Diabal show up, queueing us to begin to get ready to go fight. I stood up, as I felt compelled to stretch, as if this was a race or something. It didn't help calm me down though, because if this was to be anything like a race, I would lose, terribley.

-

Ha! Cliffhanger! Yeah, I was not up for writing a fight, so hopefully Nina does it next chapter (Hint hint, don't stall Nina.)

-Bubbles