Chapter 6 ~Mia~

We walked into the resturant, which wasn't too shabby by my standards. Then again, my standards for what was good had drastically lowered as my standards for what was bad had drastically hightened due to the situation I was placed with. We sat down, briefly noticing the people around us, which were few in numbers, drinking and mingling with one another. Their spirits did not seem high, although it was expected for them not to be. To be honest, seeing those gloomy people made me a little bit sad, well, sadder than I was previously, which wasn't a lot. We were somewhat in a secluded area of the place, far enough that their talking wouldn't affect us all that much. 

We ordered some food, entering a sort of awkward silence until we got it. I've never been good with words, so I didn't strike up a conversation. Plus, I was still a little sore. I didn't really remember most of the stuff that happened, but my head and legs hurt a lot. I remember Kirito telling me that we almost died, well, I almost died, Nina was just weak. I wasn't surprised. Nina was a little stronger than I was, so I knew she'd be able to withstand the fight. Me on the other hand, I thought I'd be stronger than I am. Damnit, I thought that I could finally prove myself not to be some clingy weakling! I should've known that I wasn't prepared enough for any real fighting, despite what I told myself. 

"Um, Mia? Are you OK? You seem kind of upset." Nina said, looking my way. I shook my head, not wanting to show how I was feeling. I didn't want them to know I was feeling terrible. I would just drag them down too. I didn't want that to happen to them becuase of me. I quickly ate my food, paid, and left the stood up from my chair.

"I'm a little tired, I'm going to book a room in an inn." I said, walking away. I needed a little time to think, well, maybe a bit more than a little time. I walked to the closest inn, booking a one bedroom room for the night. I didn't want them to follow me tonight. I wanted to be alone. I walked to my room, locking my door behind me. Sitting on my bed, I began to inspect my injuries, although they had somewhat healed. They still hurt a little. I laid down, taking a few deep breaths. I was rude to my friends. They're probably worried now. I messed up again. I didn't mean to be rude, I'm not thinking straight. Who knows? They might even be upset at me now.  I closed my eyes, trying to stop thinking about what was going on.

-

Yeah, really crappy chapter as I had little time. Sorry ;-; -Bubbles