Chapter 8 ~Mia~

Mia's POV

-

To be honest, I was feeling kind of skeptical about my heat of the moment decisionto leave the party. I had a feeling it would not end up good in the near future, but that was probably just me being somewhat insane from the overall shock of being in the situation I was in. However, I had come too far to go back now, as I had departed from the inn the morning after our argument. I was now quite far from the small town, and a few levels higher than before. Leveling had gotten a bit harder, most likely due to a lack of companion and getting higher up in levels, meaning experience requirements were climbing in numbers.

Currently, I was back in the woods, fighting mobs. I wanted to go back to that dungeon eventually, but I was not nearly skilled enough to go alone. I probably shouldn't even think of my levels, as I'll probably just bash myself again, even though it would probably be inevitable in this world, as slowly, everyone is losing their minds. I've heard some other players had commited suicide, for reasons that everyone is bound to know eventually. 

The forest around me was not populated with fighting players today, as the amount of players had already decreased by a whole bunch since Kayaba's speech. It was a little sad to be honest, that some people wouldn't even try to stay alive. Although I pitied the ones who had went insane, I somewhat despised them. I mean, if you have that little self-respect or drive to live, then what were they doing their whole lives? Us humans are faced with terrible problems all the time, and just because they were the victim of something like that, they gave up. They were the worst kind of people. I found myself getting angrier and angrier. Maybe switching my thoughts wasn't the best idea.

I began to wonder how Nina and Kirito had held up after we split up, but I hesitated to contact them, afraid that I would come of as needy and desperate as I had before. My finger hovered over their names, staying for a second before I closed the menu, as mobs had begun to spawn again, signaling me to begin my grind again. After time, this game had lost it's fun and satisfying factor, but I guess that was a given. I just hoped someone would have the balls to save us, as I sure as hell didn't. That was also a given...

-

Yeah, a small chapter again. I have a bad habit of procrastination, sorry. Nina's probably gonna write the time skip we've been planning, so expect that soon. -Bubbles