Lucian Lachance X Short Imperial Assassin Reader

((For @MaxieAndCyrusOwO ))

You where in the training room, hacking away at the wooden dummy with your short sword with such ferocity that the entire thing was soon nothing but splinters. This only happened after you'd botched an Assassination, and you never took it easy.

----------

It was a simple job, get in the house, kill the target, get out, nothing different. How where you supposed to know that he was paranoid enough to sleep in the rafters?! It didn't help you knew so little about archery.

You where force to climb the damn beams to get to him, only for the fool to lash out at you with his legs and scream for help. Turned out he was never asleep.

You had to run, escaping through the second floor balcony as your short size let you slip away unnoticed by the guards and a quick change of clothes which followed after covered your tracks.

--------------

With another sigh you look at the now dented sword before placing it on a nearby box and exiting the training room into the main room. It was quiet today, more then normal since Gorgron had left on his usual killing spree mission and Ocheeva and Teinaava went out on a high paying mission. 

So that left the few other members, the new murderer that came in a few days ago, and Lucian.

Truth be told, you've always had an admiration for the Speaker, the way he works, the all knowingness and his advice on the missions. The Khajiit, M'raaj-Dar once joked that you had a crush on Lucian, you broke his arm and threatened to cut his tail off.

As you were lost in thought, a covered hand rested on you shoulder, shattering the peace you had as with practiced efficiency you took out a dagger from your sleeves and spun around with the blade mere inches from the offenders face, which turned out to be Lucian.

"Bad day?" He asked in the chilling tone of his, a small smile on his face as he pushed the blade away with a finger. You two weren't strangers, in fact you might say you were friends, something a few other members seem to forget.

"I botched an easy assassination, what do you think?" You huffed, putting the sharp tool away as you turned to face the experienced assassin. "I think your just getting heated up for nothing, some jobs are easy, some are hard, it's not a big deal since it's already been cleaned up." He responded, looking down on you with his usual smirk while you frowned up at the Imperial.

"Your only saying that to make me feel better about it." You accused him, though his expression didn't change. "Maybe, but you can't spend your time sulking over it." He said, his hand returning to his side which was only up to your head. 

You glared at him for a long time before eventually giving in and tilting your head a little while pouting. "I suppose your right, we're not all perfect I guess."

Lucian nodded, his smile growing as he put a hand to your back and softly pushed you forward to the black door. "That's the spirit, now, I have a perfect job for you..." He started, explaining the details while you stared up at him with a smile of your own.

You don't know if you feel anything romantic for Lucian, and you don't know if he does for you. But one things for sure, your as close as can be with your friendship as it is, and if your honest with Sithis and yourself...there's no other way you'd have it.