Ghost World

*AGE CHANGE FROM 12 to 14 IN LITTLE SISTER; TURNED 15 IN Disturbing Behavior*

A groan escaped Emma's lips as she came to, a hand automatically going to her neck. There was a faint throbbing pain in her neck, making her wonder what had happened to cause it. She opened her eyes and took in her surroundings, realizing her back was flat on the ground. Turning her head to the left, she saw the shattered pieces of a green vase and all the events from last night came flooding back.

She remembered helping Damon with the rubs and the vase being knocked off the table, then he was sent flying and she was knocked out. The girl sat up and looked over to where Damon was thrown to see he wasn't there anymore. She quickly got to her feet, a little wobbly at first, and began to search for the Salvatore. He wasn't in the kitchen or the basement. She almost came to the conclusion that he had recovered and left the house when a soft groan coming from the library came to her ears. She sped over and let out a gasp.

There, in front of the fireplace, sat Damon, chained on one of the dining chairs with a hot poker plunged in his chest. Emma made her way over to him, a sense of déjà vu hitting her. She just had trouble figuring out why she had that feeling but her attempts stopped when Damon groaned again, his head moving slightly.

"Ha, wow. Now, this is something." Stefan voiced, entering the room.

The younger vampire pointed at Damon. "Did you do this to him?"

Stefan held his hands up in defense. "Hey, don't point fingers at me. I'm just as clueless as you are."

Damon finally came to and looked at the two. "Whatever twisted ripper game this is, leave me out of it." he said after noticing the chains and poker.

"I didn't do this." Stefan said, laughing. He walked past Emma to his brother. "It's pretty messed up, though, isn't it?" He ripped the poker out of Damon's chest, tossing it aside and only ripped one of the smaller chains on his wrist before walking away.

"Thanks, Stefan! Thanks a lot." Damon called out, sighing. "Now how the hell am I going to get out of this?"

Emma cleared her throat. "Um, I could help. I do have vampire strength, remember?" she reminded, reaching out and pulling off the chain on his other wrist. She smiled, holding the chain up. "Cool." She went down to get the wires that were around his arms when she looked at his hand. "Hey, where's your-"

All of a sudden, the curtains to a window flew open, letting in a ray of sun light right on Damon who cried out in pain. The sun burned his skin and Emma looked around for his daylight ring, finding it on the floor. She quickly put it on his finger and his skin stopped frying. She finished getting all the chains off of him and helped him up.

"You know," she began as Damon stretched. "this whole setup seems very familiar."

The Salvatore gathered the broken chains and placed them on the coffee table. "Really? And what exactly does this remind you of?"

She thought for a moment, staring at the chair and poker. One name entered her mind. "Mason Lockwood. You did tortured him and killed him just like this." she explained, remembering the werewolf struggling in the chair and the sound of Damon ripping out his heart.

Damon rolled his eyes. "And what? You expect me to believe that Mason's ghost is getting his sweet old revenge on me?" he asked with a joking smile only for it to vanish as he pondered over the words he said.

She went replayed his sentence, realizing that it could be Mason messing with them. Vicki's ghost was trying to come back to the real world and Bonnie was finally able to get rid of her last night, but who knows what kind of backlash the spell the witch used could have done. The two vampires looked at each other and she got the feeling that they both were thinking of the same thing.