Forgiveness

*AGE CHANGE FROM 12 to 14 IN LITTLE SISTER; TURNED 15 IN Disturbing Behavior*

Jared stood staring at her sleeping form, the eldest Salvatore pacing behind him.

"It's been two days. Why isn't she awake yet?" he asked, hands on his hips.

The angel shook his head. "He still has a hold on her mind."

Once they drove back to the boarding house, the man was immediately thrown into one of the cells in the basement and Emma was placed in her bedroom. But Emma never woke up and he kept the man down in case he tried to do anything without them knowing. And that's how it has been since then, the young girl laying still and whimpering every so often.

Damon groaned, coming to a halt. "Then let's kill him. If he's dead, he won't be using his magic to keep her asleep."

"And that would leave us with nothing about him. No answers." Jared said, turning to face the vampire.

Elena, who was seated next to Emma's bed, reached out and patted away the light coat of sweat that formed on the younger girl's forehead. "Can't we ask him? We don't even know what he's doing to her."

"You think he's going to just tell us what we want to know?" Damon questioned. "He obviously targeted her. He won't willingly give us information."

"I'll make him." Jared said, stomping out of the room before anyone could object.

He raced downstairs and down to the basement. Heading over to the one cell they had, he opened the door and stepped inside, coming face to face with the sleeping witch.

"Evigilo." he said, his hand stretched out.

The man tied to the chair gasped awake, glancing around. "W-where the hell am I?" He turned his head to face forward, noticing the angel's presence. "You. Release me, now."

Jared chuckled, grabbing a stool that was placed along the wall and taking a seat on it. "Not so comfortable being on the other end, right?"

"Trying to play the empathy card? I don't give a damn about what happened to that girl." the man spat.

"But you will stop whatever it is you're doing to her." Jared ordered, jaw set.

"Like hell. She deserves it all."

The boy narrowed his eyes, and without a second thought, he sprang forward and grasped the man's head, using his mind to pry into the man's. It was difficult for him to focus on just one memory, everything was rushing fast before his eyes. Before he broke the connections, he managed to obtain one vital piece of evidence: his name.

Jonathan.

He backed away from the witch, panting heavily. "Well, Jonathan. I think you'd find it in your best interest to tell me what I need to know. If not, I won't stop the very angry vampire upstairs from killing you."

The man, Jonathan, stared at the boy for a while, his face showing no emotion before he fell into a laughing fit. Jared's eyebrows furrowed together out of confusion as Jonathan to collect himself.

"Go ahead. I'll die knowing she's stuck like that forever."

The angel's eyes widened. "What?"

Jonathan nodded, clearing his throat. "Yes. My spell is bounded to her for as long as I wish. If I were to die, she would never wake up."

"You're lying."

"Afraid not, my boy." the witch said with a smirk. "I always have a back up plan."