Bringing Out the Dead

*AGE CHANGE FROM 12 to 14 IN LITTLE SISTER; TURNED 15 IN Disturbing Behavior*

Emma and Damon journeyed through the open field, going to meet up with the newly undaggered original, Elijah. He had contacted them sometime the night before, knowing very well it wasn't his brother who brought him back. They agreed to meet.

"So, you're her prime suspect." Damon said into the receiver of his phone.

Elena had called with some rather disturbing news. The murder weapon that was used to kill the coroner, also a Mystic Falls council member, was from the Gilbert family.

"She doesn't think I did it. She's just trying to figure out why someone used a Gilbert weapon to kill a council member." Elena replied.

"Well, why don't you as Ric if his dirty little doctor had access to the weapons."

"You're on speaker phone, dick."

Damon rolled his eyes, forcing Emma to slap his arm. No matter how far he had come, he could still be insensitive.

"I'm just saying, first suspect is usually the right one. Don't get so defensive."

"Brian Walters was killed days ago, alright? I didn't show Meredith this stuff until last night."

"It wasn't Meredith."

"But Brian Walters was her ex and they fought right before he died, right? I hate to agree with Damon, but the roads are leading back to her." Emma said.

It was true, she didn't want to side with Damon on this. But something wasn't adding up. She never officially met Meredith, just a glimpse of her at the fundraiser, but seeing her sent a strange vibe to the young girl. On top of that, she was told last night that the woman had drugged Damon with vervain and stole his blood to use on patients. Whether her intentions were good or not, doing something sneaky like that was an immediate red flag.

"It's not Meredith, okay? I refuse to believe that Alaric's luck with women is that tragic."

"Who else know about your little slayer stash?"

In the distance, Emma could see a figure standing straight and tall. She only knew one person who carried themselves that way.

"Who doesn't? I've got weapons everywhere. Here, the school, my loft, your car."

"Then it's Klaus. Has to be. He's screwing with us." he concluded.

"What if it was Stefan? He was crazy that night. You know, trying to get underneath Klaus' skin. He was capable of pretty much anything."

Emma frowned. That night was something Elena was never going to forget, even if Stefan returned to his normal self.

"Ah, makes me nostalgic for the time when Stefan was a bunny-snacking pacifist." Her, too. "Anyway, got to go. More later." Damon said and hung up the phone as the two stopped before Elijah. "Elijah, my favorite original, back from the dead."

"You look good, all things considering." Emma commented, noting the fresh hair cut and new suit he sported.

He never failed putting on his best, even for someone who's been trapped in a coffin for months. It was strange, but she had to admire that about the man. After being stabbed in the back, more like chest, multiple times, he always put kept himself clean.

Elijah chuckled. "Thank you, but I know this conversation isn't about going to be about my appearance. This is about Klaus."

"Was pipsqueak wrong to undagger you or are we going to have a problem?"