Chapter Two - Hating Won't Do It

Chapter Two

I sit on the edge of bench with my hood covering my face. I don't want to see anyone right now. No one at all. Suddenly I hear immense loud laughs with variety which proves there is more than just one person. "Kimberly!" I hear different voices shout in a mocking voice.  I wrap my arms around myself looking down to the ground. "Why don't you cheer her up Tom!" They all laugh pushing him on me, he instantly jumps up looking down on me as they all laugh "Ew no guys!" He laughs as they walk off his pity filled eyes exchange glances with my broken hearted eyes.

"Oit, Daisy what's his name?" I ask whispering to Daisy.

"That's Tom!" She squeals. Shit. Please don’t be the Tom I remember.

"Last name?" I question almost like an order.

"Parker." She stutters, helplessly grinning over to them.

"Shit." I sigh as I tell her to go on without me, she gives me a confused glance, “I will explain everything later enjoy yourself right now!” 

Forcing myself to leave the room as I feel a hand touch mine, leaving the room too, who the fuck is this? Tears in my eyes as memories flood my mind I look up to see Tom looking down at me. Fuck. Why?

"Kimberly Jones?" He asks as I look away from him, "Kimberly, is that you?" I stay silent, "Kimberly is it you?" 

"Oh so you remember me?" I stutter still not looking at Tom, he tries to grab my hand but I push it away. I bring my eyes to him as his pity filled eyes exchange glances with my broken hearted eyes.

“I hate you-“

“Kimberly!” He says sighing, “That was years ago.”

“Shut up…” I mumble.

“I was a dick.”

“You got that right…”

“Kimberly, I love you…”

“If you told me that six years ago I would have believed, I’m not as stupid now.”

Pushing Tom out of the way, I strut my way back in to see the other members turn around. I walk straight past Tom to a curly haired man, all six feet of him is gorgeous as his blue eyes sparkle back at mine, keeping eye contact, I twist my hair in my fingers. I can see Tom in the corner of my eye, as if I give a shit. 

“Hey, I’m Kimberly.”

“Hi, I’m Jay… If you didn’t know that” He blushes, but I actually didn’t know that. Avoiding my thoughts I laugh, holding onto his arm.

“Don’t worry about it.” My voice drifts off until Jay gets closer to me.

“Okay!” Tom interrupts, “Jay we need to go, have fun at the gig, Kimberly.” He says passing me a note. I scrunch it up into my pocket as if I’m not going to read it. But I really want to read it.

The gig is going very well and Daisy’s having a great time, her face says it all but eventually this all comes to an end. They sing Heart Vacancy their final song as they walk off Tom waves to me; I stick up my middle finger in return. I’ll never make the mistake of liking him, like I did before. Daisy begins to cry as they run off the stage and we head out the doors. 

“That was too good!” She laughs, bless the little fangirl.

Getting changed into my PJ’s a piece of paper slips out of my shorts. Tom’s note. It’s almost midnight, when I finally bring myself to read it. It’s his number. Instead of calling him I decide just to text him. 

“What do you want Tom?”

“So you did read the note…xx”

“Fuck off”

“Pipe down!xx” I giggle to myself before falling asleep with only him on my mind.