Chapter Eight - Til It Ceases

Chapter Eight

Walking around the fields behind my garden, just to think through things Tom walks past. His eyes instantly meet mine before he looks away again. I’m used to this now as much as my heart breaks every time. Suddenly he looks back to me and walks closer, before I know it we’re locking lips. The day I’ve been waiting for, for so long. ‘Wanted to do that for so long…” He whispers. Walking along the corridor at lunch time I notice Tom - it’s the next after. It’s usual for me to be alone at lunch time but not him? He turns around and smiles at me. ‘I was looking for you.’ He says taking my hand and taking me into a small music practise room. No one goes in there and if they do they always knock. Suddenly Tom is kissing me again. The door slams open to reveal a girl called Chelsea. Anger in her eyes. I feel Tom push me away. “Oh my God, what the fuck?! Chelsea I’m so sorry she just came on to me I was just pushing her away!” He says following her. I watch her blonde hair flow as I remember Danielle going on about a blonde chick dating Tom. Shit.

I make my way to the reunion with Danielle and Tom. We sit there awkwardly in the back as Danielle drives us. Danielle looks at us through the mirror confusion written over her face.

“I don’t get it; you two aren’t attempting to kill each other.” She says.

“Got better things to do…” I murmur but only Tom hears. He instantly turns his head and opens his mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. He sighs and turns away. What have I done?

We finally reach Bolton as we all get out and me and Tom instantly go our separate ways in the hall. I go straight to a place on my own and he goes straight to his old friends and some blonde chick. Please don’t be Chelsea. While talking to Danielle I keep an eye of Tom and Chelsea. Danielle notices after a while and looks over to see Tom and Chelsea.

“Tom’s with Chelsea…” I say.

“What is happening between you two?” She asks as I take her into the girls’ toilets to explain. I explain everything to her. Everything.

 Once we walk out I see Tom getting too close with Chelsea. I want to stop it. I want to run over and tell him I take it all back. Tell him I love him, more than he will ever even imagine. Throughout the whole reunion I keep glances over. I have to say something. I have to tell him. His backs turned away from everyone, he’s just focusing on her. Danielle tells me she’s just going to go to the loos as the reunion is going to be coming to a close soon and we live so far away. This is it. I’m going to tell him. I walk closer and closer over to them until I notice something. She’s kissing him. And he’s kissing her back, I automatically run back into the toilets crying onto Danielle’s solder.

“Come on let’s go home.” She says, “Tom can find a ride home himself, the bastard.”

“NO! He might end up going to Chelsea’s… I wouldn’t be able to stand that.” She nods before walking back into the wall. I stand at the door waiting. I see her talking to him as they both walk together.

In the car all three of us are now extremely awkward as the music drains the silence. I watch Tom as he stares out the window or taps on his phone. I really want to cry right now, but I’ll never show him how weak I am.

“You had fun, didn’t you Tom?” I ask spitefully as he turns and looks at me.

“I suppose, I mean I’m single I can do what I want…” I sit there tears in my eyes.

“You gonna date her?” I ask trying to smile.

“Maybe, I don’t see why not, I have her number now.”

Tom’s P.O.V

In the car all three of us are now extremely awkward as the music drains the silence. I watch the trees blur past the car before deciding to talk to the TWFanmily on twitter. They always cheer me up. Even without knowing.  Can’t belive what I’ve done. Why did I let Kimberly go… When I kissed Chelsea today the only thing that ran through my mind was Kimberly’s face with her brunette curly locks, cute nose and blue bright eyes. I miss her, but truth is I never had her.

 “You had fun, didn’t you Tom?” I hear Kimberly ask spitefully. I turn to see her looking dead at me. No, I really didn’t. But she doesn’t have to know that.

“I suppose, I mean I’m single I can do what I want…” I simply say avoiding eye contact with Kimberly.

“You gonna date her?” She asks I look at her smile. Wow, I guess she’s moved on already.

“Maybe, I don’t see why not, I have her number now.” I say genuinely thinking it through.

Kimberly’s P.O.V

It’s been a while since the reunion and I haven’t seen Tom since.  I know this is better, but something is telling me to go find him. Find him and tell him that I screwed up and I do want him. I really do. I sit in my bed room doing nothing. Nothing at all. Just lying there helplessly. Suddenly a random number texts me saying ‘Hi it’s Chelsea me and Tom are dating again, keep away from him this time.’ I reply with ‘Why would I want to get between you two? Once a cheater always a cheater, someone else will do it don’t worry.’ After my replies she sends me pictures of her and Tom holding hands and kissing. ‘Oh how mature.’ I send back before throwing my phone against the wall and crying into my duvet.