Chapter 8

"Hey babes." Roc walked into Belle's room.

"Hey." She said dryly.

"Wow. What kind of hi is that? Aren't you happy to see me?" Roc said faking hurt.

"Roc. I know why you're here and I just want you to know that I'm fine. I really do feel better."

"Are you sure? Last time we spoke I got the sense that you were hurt because of the things Cammy told me about your ex."

"I was upset because I wanted to tell you myself. But she's my best friend and I know she only did it to help me so I'm cool."

"I'm glad you understand." Roc sat on her bed and admired her as she finished getting ready for school. She was gelling her hair back into a bun and putting on a light coat of makeup. "Why you wear that?" Roc questioned.

"Wear what ?"

"Makeup. You're already very beautiful. You don't even need it especially since you already got me you have no one to look good for because I'm already impressed."

"Thanks for the compliment handsome."

"It's no problem because it's true." Roc shrugged as he pulled out his ringing phone. "Wassup?" He answered Prod's FaceTime call.

"Yo bro. Where you at?"

"I'm at Belle's." Roc replied to Prod's question.

"And I can hear you so don't say no dumb shit about them bitched and hoes he got hittin' his line." Belle joked. Prod and Roc laughed at her. "I see Bella's back to normal. You were missed fam. But anyways Roc. Boss called and we have a problem." Prod went from joking to serious.

"He told you wassup?"

"Nah. You know that nigga don't trust nobody enough to speak over the phone." Prod said.

"True. Paranoid ass always think the Feds listening. But I'm on my way. See you when I get there."

"Alright." Roc ended the call.

"I'm gonna be a little late to school. Do you want me to drop you off before I head to the trap?" Roc asked.

"Sure."

"Okay well you need to hurry up and put that mess on your face." Roc said.

___________

Roc pulled up to the school. Bella looked over at him and asked, "So what time you getting here today?"

"I'm not sure. It depends on what's going on at the trap. I'll text you and let you know if I'm coming later."

"Okay. See you later." Bella leaned over and kissed Roc.

"See you."

Soon as Bella got out the car Roc's phone started ringing again. It was Ray calling this time. Roc answered the phone, "Yo." Roc answered.

"Aye. Where you at. You know boss don't wait for nobody."

"I'm up the street. Calm down. I'll be there in a few." Roc hung up the phone. A few minutes later he pulled up to the trap. As he walked through the trap he greeted the people he walked pass. He walked into the meeting room. "Nigga what took you so long. I'm pressed for time." Black the head of the gang said.

"Sorry boss. I was with Belle." Roc explained.

"Okay. I'll let you slide only because you was with my daughter."

Black is the head of the drug cartel. Bella doesn't know that her dad is the head of a gang. She doesn't even know that he's in one. Can and Mike knows about the gang because they are in it. Shelly knows about the gang because she use to do small jobs for her dad during the summers. Black uses his dealership and the rest of his businesses as a way to protect himself and cover up his illegal doings. He uses his law degree to get everyone out of trouble when someone gets sloppy. Officers even look the other way sometimes when they know it's him.