☽ 008

2 Days Later

Kiara

"You really gonna keep ignoring him?" Glizzy asked. "Yes, that's what I said."

We walked into the kitchen seeing Nick's aunt making everyone a plate of waffles, bacon, and grits. I took a seat at the table beside Al and Nick sat across from me.

Glizzy took a seat beside Nick and Jay took the seat on the other side of me. Manny sat on the other side of Nick.

My phone was going dead so I got up to put it on the charger.

"Hey baby." Nick's mom greeted me as I was making my way back into kitchen. "He-"

"Hey mama." Nick interrupted me. "Boy, I was not talking to you." He put his hand over his heart as if he was hurting and made a sad face.

I went back to my seat. "You still act like a big ass baby." Nick's aunt said as she passed out plates.

"Can you pass me the syrup?" Nick asked me. I was determined to ignore him and he knew damn well I wasn't passing him any syrup. Maybe Asian can pass the syrup.

"Can you pass him the syrup?" I asked Al. "You so petty." he laughed as he passed Nick the syrup.

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

Nahmir

I was looking for Kiara when I finally found her outside standing a couple inches away from the pool. She's been ignoring me ever since that night Asian and Cuban came over.

I thought about pushing her in, but her phone was in her hand. I walked up behind her and picked her up. She screamed, but stopped when she realized it was just me.

"Nick, put me down." she said with an attitude. I walked closer to the pool. "Nooooo, put me down." she whined.

"I will if you stop ignoring me."

"I'm talking to you now." she rolled her eyes. "Roll 'em again and I'm dropping you." I said. "Can you put me down?"

"Say please." I teased. "Please."

"You gotta stop ignoring me though." I told her as I put her down. "Why? You ignored my presence the other night." I was a little distracted.

"When I tried talking to you, you didn't wanna talk."

"And I still don't wanna talk now." she said as she walked back into the house. I followed her all the way into the room she was staying in.

"I ain't buy you a plane ticket just for you to ignore me." I said as I sat beside her on the bed. "You should've just left me at home then." she shrugged.

"Your attitude is terrible." I said making her roll her eyes again. "Whose fault is that?" I don't know, but it ain't mine. "I don't know, you tell me."

She got up and opened the door, "Get out."

I got up and closed the door. "Sorry shorty, but I ain't going anywhere."