Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

“I created you from one soul, and from the soul I created its mate so that you may live in harmony and love.” -The Holy Quran 

****

~Eraj Ejaz~

All of you beautiful, wonderful, fantastically crazy people express yourselves through words in such an exquisite manner. I'm a pathetic judge, I couldn't just choose one, sue me. I don't care if I sound diplomatic but I love all of these pieces so much and they are extremely close to my heart. I wanted to pause and appreciate the beauty of your words in my own, small and insignificant way. But here goes anyways...

"Lost Affection" by Fatemah Raza 

Being broken into peices is just like being chilled to the marrow. Every part of your faded & hurt body aches, as though you've slept on a rock, uncomfortable an entire lifetime! Every minute part of you struggles as you try to escalate & escape, from the gleeful times, the affectionate greetings, the warmth of hugs- the tenderness of love. All the endearment & compatibility is lost, your search of serenity & tranquility had been a complete wastage of those seconds of your life, worth millions. Blood from every vein of your body is forced out, drained until you're just a peice of flesh and bone, faded colour & crumpled skin. Dead, no soul, no desires & no feelings. That was just a phase of life that is now a source of eruption in some other ordinary mortals life- of misery & grief.

"Being Human" by Afzal Fatima Qureshi

That funny moment when you finally realize that everything happens for a reason, and yet ask God, why every next time life brings you down. 

Perhaps, sometimes you need a taste of the darkness of life only to realize the importance of the good little things you'd otherwise never be grateful for.

-Being human isn't easy.

"Mother and Mentor" by Samira Hasnain

I rested in my mother's beautiful arms when my eyes were permitted to open. the view in front took my breath away. Verses of gold threaded with black velvet so wonderful, one would fail to put into words. An anticlockwise rhythm of a million people, enveloped in a combination of black and white. Through tears, some shedding love, some seeking love. I smiled as His Mercy glittered my lifted hands, which were now shining under the sun light. My heart was purified. It was made beautiful. One evidence was ,my mother's hand, still firmly fitted into mine.

"A Theater" by Iqra Jabeen

And it’s like theater, where she makes best out of herself, not being what she is, just trying to fix into the frame and following the rules which she is accustomed to follow, or rather she will suffer.

Dressed and smiling, not letting her weaknesses to unveil. Not letting the lipstick to go wrong, neither, mascara. Is that lipstick for which she is confused or the lips which is perhaps going to unlock and wrench out her heart? Is that mascara for which she is cautious or the tears which is about to gush out?

And the mournful reality is no ones aware, the audience is just viewing her arched-up posture and the smile which has creased her face and thinking her to be enough strong.

That’s what world is and that’s the woeful truth!

A spinoff on "Find Another Place To Feed Your Greed" from Bliss by Safiya Ejaz Yousufzai 

Today is just another day. Many will die. Women will be raped and the culprit will walk free. A child will become an orphan. A mother will no longer be a mother. A father will kill himself. Innocent will be named terrorists. Celebrities will be worshiped for lying. The common man will continue his suffering. But anyway, who cares? The world will still go on.

Today my friend is just another day