Chapter 7 - Book Crook

Bold means yelling
Italics means thoughts
(YN) means your name
(LN) means your last name
(HC) means your hair colour
(SC) means your skin colour
(FC) means your favourite colour
(NN) means nickname
Underline means your dad talking
———Alright let's begin———

~(YN) POV~

Natsu, Happy and I found a job that they are gonna manipulate Lucy into going with us, then they broke into her appartement, I didn't want to be rude so I stay out and knocked on her door every once in while. Even those idiots know how to manipulate people, (YN) when are you going to be like them. Father are trying to manipulate me into manipulating people? Well aren't you a smart one, so how about it? No! I don't want to hurt people. Pathetic! Do you think you can survive this world by being friends with everyone. You didn't survive when you were enemies with everyone.

Just then Lucy opened the door. "Oh hi (YN) at least some people have manners." "L-Lucy, I'm sorry for how Natsu and Happy intruded into your home." "It's not your fault they're idiots, you might as well come in. Actually you're just in time I'm about to show you guys how a celestial wizard signs contracts with spirits. Open the gate of the Canis Minor! Nikora" suddenly a little snowman with a dog body standing on two feet appears. "That's supposed to be a dog? He doesn't even bark." Happy says. "Says the talking cat!" Lucy exclaims. Lucy then pulls out a notebook to ask what days she can summon him. These celestial spirits are pretty interesting. Son, even though celestial magic is rare there's good reason, it's such week magic.

"You know these little guys don't use that much magical power so a lot of celestial wizards keep them as pets. I think I'll call him Plue." Plue starts doing a weird dance. "You're right about that Plue." Natsu says seemingly understanding Plue. "Hold on you can understand him?" "Yeah can't you?" "No!" "So it's decided you two will be apart of our team." "Team?" "Aye, lots of wizards in the same guild team up to do things they couldn't do alone." "Awesome! Let's do it." Lucy, Natsu and I do a three man high five.

"Alright! And I already have our first job." Natsu exclaims. "This is happening all so suddenly, let me see that flier." Lucy reads the flier. "Alright all we have to do is steal a book from some guy name Duke Everlue and woah we get 200 000 jewel. Note, Duke Everlue is a dirty old pervert looking to hire a blonde maid." "Why we know a blonde haired girl." "Aye and I bet it would be easy to find her a maid's outfit." "That's not fair! You tricked me!"
"You know it's good thing you never go back on your word because now your stuck with us." "But you tricked me!" "Oh lighten up and get in character by calling Happy, master." "No way!"

~Time skip brought to you by chibi (YN) hiding from an angry Lucy~

After a hellish trip here Natsu, Happy and I decided to go get something to eat while Lucy goes to do something. "Hey be sure to save all the fat for Lucy." "Aye! by the looks of it that's what she likes the most." "What's that supposed to mean cat?" Lucy says. I started blushing as Lucy was dressed in a revealing maid outfit and was acting like a shy maid. "What do we do we were just kidding but she's taking it seriously."

After that awkward moment at the restaurant we made to Kaby Melon's house who requested that we burn the book and that the pay for the job was now 20 million jewel and we all started to freak out over the amount of money.

"Ok Lucy so the plan is you go in for the job grab the book and sneak out Natsu will then burn the book and we'll get paid." I explained. "Wow (YN), I didn't know you got so confident when you make plans." Lucy says surprised. "Aye, (YN) is extremely shy, but when he goes on missions he becomes a new person that's why he's on so many teams." "What do you mean he's on different teams." "Well (YN) is so shy he has zero problems getting along with people and doing jobs. Master makes him go with us all the time so we don't destroy everything." Lucy and Happy keep bragging about me which makes me extremely flustered.

Lucy confidently walks up to the front door when a bunch monster looking girls came out of nowhere then a small fat man comes flying down laughs then Lucy walks back depressed. "L-Lucy what's wrong?" "They called me ugly." Well isn't that just kettle calling the pot black.

"Ok plan b, you three find a way in from a window or an unlocked door and I'll tunnel my way in. Probably not my best decision yet but hey sneaking with Natsu would've been impossible now I just gotta find my way there, but on the bright side them being so loud will be a great distraction for me to find the book. So my son is finally using others for his own good? I'm so proud. Dad! It's not like that I'm just trying to be efficient. If you're so efficient why are we lost right now? Because this guy has weird earth around here there filled with holes it gets confusing. I bet that loud guy would be perfect for sniffing the book out with his dragon slayer magic. First off Dad it's been two years and you can't remember his name. Second thing I have dragon slayer magic too it's just kinda hard to sniff out a book I've never smelt. Excuses, excuses.

After digging for what seemed hours I saw a light and went through it to see Lucy and Natsu fighting Everlue and a gorilla lady. "Hey guys what I miss?" "(YN)? Have you been digging this whole time?" "Yeah pretty much. I'm guessing you guys found the book already?" "Yeah but Virgo is too sturdy to stay down and Everlue keeps bouncing around." "Oh I can help with that." In one movement I use the earth to hit Everlue on the face making him fly into Virgo knocking them both out. "Well that done time to burn the book."
~time skip brought to you by Chibi (YN) digging holes~

"So Lucy how'd you know there was a secret message in the book?" "Well that book was too terrible to be Kemu Zaelon's last book. But none of that matters since were not getting paid." "Lucy you gotta stop being so greedy." Natsu says

On the way back we found Gray in the woods looking for a bathroom. "You guys better leave soon cause word around town is Erza is coming back." Not Erza. While everyone was freaking out about Erza because how strong she is, I was freaking out because of the way she acts towards me. "Wow she must be strong if she makes (YN) nervous, he never seems scared or worried about guild mates." "Aye! But that's not the reason, you see (YN) is terrified of girls and Erza knows this so she tries to help him overcome his fears by hugging and trying to be caring towards him." "Y-yeah it's super creepy." Natsu says
——————————————Chapter End——————————————
Wow bet you guys thought I forgot about this book huh?
If you didn't notice I changed the Dad's way of speaking because it's easy to tell when he's talking.
Hope you all enjoyed
~Hobo Writer