What If?

Riley was so excited when this time came, but now she is left with complete disappointment. She was just about to get up and leave when she heard...

  Maya - "Riles?"

  Riley - "Peaches? What are you doing here?"

  Maya -  "I just thought I'd come to see how things were going?"

  Riley - "Well as you can see, not so well. Maya I don't get it. For a month now I have been receiving the most amazing notes and flowers, and poems, and candy. Yesterday my secret admirer finally told me to meet him here at 4:30. It is now almost 5:30 and No one has come....I think someone was just playing a horrible cruel joke on me."

  Maya - "What if they aren't? What if they're just late? What if this person isn't a he? You're pretty open about being Pan sweetie."

  Riley is looking at her best friend wondering what that had to do with any of this. "Maya what does that matter? Guy? Girl? No one is here!"

  Maya - "What if they are Riles. What if SHE has been right in front of you for the last 10 years?"

  Now Riley was really confused. "10 years? Maya are you high? What on earth are you talking about? 10 years?" Then it dawns on Riley. "Oh. OH! Maya? Peaches? Are you saying what I think you're saying?" Riley asks her best friend hesitantly.

  Maya - "It's me Riles. I am your secret admirer...Is that ok?"

  Riley - "Ok? OK?! IS THAT OK?!"

  Maya - "Oh crap."

  Riley - MAYA! THAT...Is the most ok thing that has ever happened to me." Riley says putting on one her signature smiles.

  Maya - "Really?" Maya asks both extremely happy and relieved.

  Riley - "Of course. Who better for me than you? Now it's not gonna take you 10 more years to kiss me is it?"

   Maya's eyes sparkled at the question and a huge grin appeared on her face. "Oh ah no, not even close." Maya leans in and finally does something she has dreamed about for a while now. She kisses her best friend Riley Matthews.