Great Minds Think Alike?

Riley leaves her bedroom and heads down to the kitchen where her mom and dad are sitting at the table drinking coffee and talking.

  Riley - "Mom? Dad? I need to talk to you about something. Is now a good time?"

  Topanga - "Of course sweetie, you can talk to us anytime."

  Riley joins her parents at the kitchen table. "Ok. First of all, you guys would accept me no matter what, right?" Riley asked looking at her parents with worried eyes.

  Topanga and Cory exchange their own worried look before Topanga reached across the table and grabbed Riley's hand. "Of course Riley. You're our daughter and we love you. Nothing can ever change that."

  Riley - "Thank you guys."

  Cory - "What is this about Riley?"

  Riley straightens up and takes her hand out of her Mom's but quickly slumps back down and stares down at the table avoiding her parents eyes. "I-I" Riley takes in a deep breath and slowly lets it out before she continues. "I'm in love with Maya." As she says this her eyes go wide and her whole body stiffens.

  What she doesn't see since she's not looking at them, is her parents looking at each other with big smiles on their faces.

  Cory - "Riley sweetie is that it?"

  Riley looks up at her Father shocked. "Is that it? Wait you guys aren't surprised?"

  Cory - "Not at all."

  Topanga - "We've known for quite a while."

  Riley - "You knew?! How?!"

  Cory - "Riley honey, even Auggie knew."

  Riley's eyes go extra wide at this. "WHAT?!"

  All of a sudden Auggie comes from around the corner. "It's Riley and Maya, they're going to marry each other!"They all laugh at this. Auggie walks over to Rileyand she picks him up and puts him on her lap.

  She then looks at her Mom and Dad "You guys are ok with this?"

  Topanga - "Are we ok with you being in love with the person that makes you happiest in life? Yea we're more than ok with that."

  Riley looks at Auggie. "You too Auggie?"

  Auggie - "Of course Riley. Not to mention Maya would be a pretty cool sister."

  Riley laughs at her little brother. "Maya and I aren't there yet Auggie. In fact we're not anywhere yet..." Riley is back to looking worried. "What if I tell her and she doesn't feel the same way? What if she doesn't want to be friends anymore?"

  Cory - "As much as I truly feel Maya feels the exact same way as you do Riley, there is a slight chance she might not. But if there is one thing I have no doubt about, it's that there is absolutely nothing that could ever come in between your guy's friendship."

  Topanga - "Exactly, now we're not gonna lie. If you tell Maya and she doesn't feel the same way, things might be awkward for a little while but,  before you know it things will get back to normal. You guys will always be best friends."

  Riley - "Thanks guys. I really hope you're right. I'm gonna go to my room and call Maya and have her come over so we can talk."

  Cory/Topanga/Auggie - "Good luck." They all say in unison.

  0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

  (What Riley didn't know is at the same time she was talking to her parents, Maya was having a conversation with hers as well. {Katy & Shawn})