Chapter 23: What Did I Do Wrong?

Emma's POV:
      These past few days were very weird. Zach and I would be having our usual conversations like we always did. Whenever John comes over to us, Zach either walks away or just keeps avoiding me the entire time John is around.
    Zach is never one to avoid me. Even when we were dating back then, he was never afraid to be seen with me in front of anyone. He was the kind to show me off and make every girl jealous and wish that they had a boyfriend like mine.
    So when Zach actually avoids me in front of John, something just doesn't seem right. It's like he's afraid to be seen with me. It's like something's stopping him from being normal around me. This is definitely not the Jordan I know. I just don't get it why is he like this these past few days. It makes me feel so bad for some reason. What did I do wrong that made Jordan to be like this?
     I was so lost in my thoughts that I accidentally bumped into Bella. "Careful Emma." Bella told me. "Sorry Bella. I should have seen where I was going." I apologized. "That's alright. Are you ok? You seem upset about something?"
    "I'm fine." I lied. "No you're not ok Emma. Anyone can totally see that you are not fine. Do you want to talk about it?" She asked. I let out a sigh that I didn't know I was holding in for a long time.
   "Well..." I began. "It's just that Zach's been acting weird these past few days." I said and told everything her everything that had happened. After I was done, Bella spoke: "Well Emma, from what you said, I can conclude one thing."
     "And what is that?" I questioned. "That Zach is jealous." "Jealous of what?" "Of you and John obviously." "Why would Zach ever be jealous of John and I Bella?" I asked her. "Haven't you noticed Emma?" Bella asked me. "As soon as John arrived, you and him have been spending a lot of time together. And obviously Zach's jealous because you two are always together. You spending time with John means that Zach is obviously feeling left out." Bella told me

    "But John and I are just friends. There is nothing going on between us and nothing will ever go on between us because I only have eyes and feelings for Zach." I said. "I know that you are definitely not cheating on Zach with John Emma. But Zach doesn't know that does he? I think although Zach may have lost his memories, there are some memories in his heart that he may not be able to identify that are giving him these feelings which are his true feelings for you." "What do you mean?" "What I mean is that Zach is completely in love with you Emma. Although he may not know it now, his heart only belongs to you and you alone."

     "So whatever do I do now Bella? Should I avoid John? I'd do anything as long as I have the old Zach back. Nothing is more important to me than Zach. "I know that Emma. But I don't think that it's right for you to avoid John. John is clearly innocent in this whole situation and I think it would be pretty much unfair to him if you that. So I think what you should do is to talk about this to John and explain everything to him. I really think you owe him the explanation and I'm sure that he'll understand the whole situation. Remember Emma, I know Zach is your top most priority but never ever do anything that could ruin your friendship with John. You don't want to have any enemies which could make this situation even worse than it already is right?"

     Bella totally had a point there. She was right. Zach is my top most priority but I should let it get in between John and I's friendship. I should totally tell John the truth. "You're right Bella. I'll definitely have a talk with John about it. Thanks for listening." "You're welcome Emma. That's what friends do right? I gotta go to class now. I'll see you around later." She said as she bid me goodbye and made her way to her class. I went to my own class with a load lifted off my chest. Now all I have to do is talk it out with John and everything will be alright.