Chapter 32: Heartbreak

Emma's POV:
      Without looking back, I continued running all the way to my room. I couldn't care less what people taught of me now. The person who cared for me the most wants nothing to do with me anymore so why should other people care about me? I opened the room door and went straight to the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror. Tears continued  pouring down my face. I still cannot believe that those words came from Zach. I know he's not in his right mind right now and that he's being influenced by Bridget, but it still hurts as bad as it sounds like.

    I walked out of the bathroom and went to the cupboard where Bella and I keep all of our stuff. I rummaged through everything and found a razor. I stared at it for a while longer than I intended to. If Zach doesn't want me anymore, what is the purpose of me living? If dying is what will make Zach happy, than dying is what I shall do. So I put the razor to my hand and was about to cut myself when all of a sudden the door barged open and revealed a shocked group of friends. "Emma! Stop! Don't do it! We can talk this through! Just please put that razor down!" Caleb said. "I'm sorry guys. But there's no point of me living without Zach in my life. Me living would be a burden to all of you. I'm sorry guys but I don't think that there's any other solution to this problem than this." I said and cut myself. "NO!" They all screamed together. I repeatedly cut myself in the same spot over and over again until I began to feel light headed. My vision began blurring and I collapsed just like that on the floor.

*Beep...Beep...Beep*

      I woke up to the sound of a machine beeping. I looked around and stared at my surroundings. I realized that I was in a hospital and there was a tube attached to the hand that I cut. "Finally, she's awake." I turned in the direction of the voice and saw my mom standing beside my bed. Next to her was dad, Zach's parents and the rest of my friends. "Emma dear, are you alright?" Mom asked concerned. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Sensing me struggling to talk, Kyle grabbed a glass of water and handed it to my mom who helped me to drink it. After that, I managed to talk. "It hurts." I said in pain. "Oh darling. You got us all worried. Why did you ever think of doing this to yourself?" Mom asked. "I had no other choice mom. I had no reason to leave on. Zach doesn't want me in his life anymore." I wept.

 "There, there. Don't cry sweetie. It'll only make your health worse. Why don't you have some rest and we'll come and visit you tomorrow." Dad said and I nodded as I was too weak to say anything. Bella  stayed with me while the rest of them went back home. I had to stay in the hospital for a week as I was still very weak due to the amount of blood I had lost. After a week, the doctor said that I was all fit to go. So my parents took me back home to San Francisco. Thankfully, it was the semester break so I wouldn't be missing any classes. The guys and Bella also came with us as they didn't want to leave me alone especially in this state.

    Zach's parents came to visit me almost every day. So did the guys and Bella. They all tried to cheer me up but it never worked. I was lifeless. I felt like I had no reason to live on. I hardly left my room ever since I came home. I didn't have the mood to do anything and I had no appetite to eat. I know my state now made everyone to worry but I feel like they don't understand me. I don't think they know that feeling when the person you love doesn't want you anymore. They will never know how bad it hurts when the love of your life just walked out of your life. I am lifeless now. I just lost Zach who is my entire world, how would you expect me to be when my entire world has left me?