i

morning, or should i say three in the afternoon in my case, is something no one likes, especially when you just moved into a new apartment building with noisy neighbors and a ton of boxes to unpack. sadly, unpacking is something that can't be avoided, even if you want to sleep in longer.

i just moved in this building and i was up all night listening to the music blasting next door. i don't know if it was a party or a sleepover, but all I know is i'm tired, and i don't want to unpack.

after two days of packing and driving, unpacking is the last thing i want to do. most of the stuff i absolutely need is done. furniture is set up, most clothes in the closet, and most of the cups and bowls are put away. there are, maximum, fifteen boxes left of old books and random crap that was lying around my old apartment.

it took around two hours to get motivation to go shopping for food, cause that's something i kinda need to, you know, survive. shopping is a pain in the ass.

*lazy ass time skip*

shopping took way too long. there were so many people and a whole lot of lines to go through. it was around half-past eight when i got home, with too many bags for my liking, and the neighbors were once again loud like the night before.

i was at the door when someone from across the hall opened the door, music blaring behind him. me being to lost in thought, gets terrified and drops the keys that were so close to opening the door. dammit, why now? i just wanna get in and sleep...

"do you need any help?" the nameless guy from across the hall asks me. in the moment i would've frozen if i didn't have a billion bags in my arms, with my only hope of getting in the apartment on the ground.

"just a little" i could barely make my voice above a whisper, but he didn't seem to mind. he picked up my keys, and a couple bags that had also fallen with the keys, that i just noticed, allowing me to open the door.

"thanks" i mumbled. (a/n GOMAPDA...i'll let myself out)

"what's your name? i'm seungmin " he says, sticking out his hand. hesitant, i take his hand mumbling a small "jeongin" before i feel the awkward silence take over my apartment.

"sorry about the noise, my friends won't leave me and my roommate, his name is chan if you ever run into him, alone." he starts, "they should be gone tomorrow. i understand it can be annoying". he sounds genuine, so i flash him a small smile.

"it's not too bad, just not used to it" i manage to muster. "well, let me know if you ever want to talk, i'm across the hall, it was nice to meet you jeongin" he says, skipping away, closing the door with a soft thud.

he was nice, i hope to meet chan one day soon. i think, before putting the groceries away and falling on the couch, passing out as soon as my body hits the comfortable surface.