Hero, But Feeling Like A Villain (PT2)

{Izima Akiro}

I wake up with a massive headache and when I look around, I was laying under the kitchen table.

"How did I get here?" I go to move but my hands felt funny. When I look down. I saw dried blood. I feel something heavy against my back and turn to see my skateboard but as I look closer I see spots of blood on my one of my wheels.

I jump back and move away from the skateboard. "Wh...what did I do?"

"Mm, I'm trying to sleep." I hear one of the girls say in a sleepy tone. I rush to the bathroom with my skateboard and turn on the faucet. As I wash my hands I see the pink water rush down the drain  and I catch a glance at myself in the mirror. I should be freaking out. I should be scared and worried, but instead I see myself smiling. No this can't be me. This can't be.

A knock came to the door and the smile was replaced with panic. "Y--yeah?"

"Akiro, are you okay?" Ochaco asks. "Yeah, just using the bathroom. That's all." I call out. When I hear she's walked away from the door I go to turn off the faucet and something pricks my finger. I go to clean it but the blood on my finger turns into a sharp tooth pick.

"Blood Quirk..." I had to have been in contact with someone who has a blood quirk. The blood softens and I clean that up then head into the living room.

"Breaking news, the body of a 28 year old man was found this morning along with a letter written in the man's blood stating that he was indeed the Slasher. The police are now in search for how the so called Slasher came to his demise..." As the television plays I feel myself about to throw up as flashes of what happened in the past few hours all coming rushing back to me.

I...I killed him.

I did that, whether is was a good thing or not I took a life and...I need to be turned in. I start to walk and feel someone tap me. I turn and see a floating shirt.

"Toru, uh morning."

"Morning, Akiro. Where did you go last night? I woke up in the middle of the night and you were gone."

"I was just getting some fresh air on the front porch." I say with a nervous laugh. "But I didn't see you-"

"Look at the time, I should be getting home now, I'm sure my mom is sick thinking about how I'm far away from her. Tell Ochaco that I'll see her later." I gather my things and grab my skateboard from the floor take the long way home...

It's time for school to start again and I feel like death. I haven't slept seeing that when I close my eyes, I catch glimpses of what happened between me and the Slasher.

Bad enough many of my classmates and friends keep whispering about it.

"Can you believe someone took him out?"

"Hell no, and they say it was a rogue hero. Whoever it was, they were ruthless. I hear the body was mangled..."

I keep my eyes forward as I walk into the classroom and sit at my desk with my hands resting on my hands. My skateboard was propped against my desk and I just tune everyone out but feel someone by my desk.