Fashion Show

Vivian's P.O.V

It was the day of the show.

The day I've been waiting and training months for. It was finally here.

"Good Lord, Vivian. I have to pin this damn dress back because it's too loose." Nikki said, adjusting the first piece I'd be walking in.

I was nervous. God, I was so damn nervous. I held my stomach and took a deep breath. I felt as if I could upchuck at any moment.

"Meet me in the bathroom in five, if you'd like." I heard someone whisper as they walked by me.

I looked to see who it was and it was Bella. How could she even think about doing such a thing right before a runway? I know, she's done this plenty of times. I just needed to have a clear head on a day like this.

"Nikki, I don't feel so good." I stammered, my voice shaking.

"You're just nervous which is completely normal. Now, spin for me." She ordered.

I attempted to do a three-sixty for her, but stumbled while doing so.

"Jesus, Vivian. Get yourself together." Nikki gritted through her teeth, holding me steady.

I put all of my weight onto her, and my breathing started to become heavy. I needed to calm down as soon as possible.

"I'll be right back." I told her.

I left backstage where all the girls were getting ready at, and found an empty hall to sit and relax for a bit.

I leaned up against a wall, and put my hands on my knees and took a few deep breaths. I began to doubt myself.

I slid down and sat on the hall floor.

I pulled out my phone and FaceTimed Justin.

"Please pick up, please pick up." I repeat to myself.

"Hello?"

I sigh in relief, and seeing him and hearing his voice immediately brought me comfort

"Hi." I smile.

"Look at you, you look so beautiful. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, um...everything's great. I'm just a little nervous, that's all." I say.

"Don't be, Viv. You're going to kill it." He assured me.

I slightly laughed, bit my lip, then felt myself start to tear up a bit. "Justin, I'm so nervous that I feel sick. I'm hot, I'm sweating and I just feel like I'm going to fuck this all up." I babbled to him. I was choking up.

"Hey, hey...don't cry. You'll ruin your mascara and then Rowen will kill you." He joked. It was a funny joke, because it was half true. I just couldn't find myself to smile.

"I'd love to be there for you..." I hear him say.

I looked at him and I could see the disappointment in his expression.

"Yeah, I know. A part of me wants you to be here too. It's just that, you know...we talked about this." I tell him, not wanting to explain myself anymore.

"Just know that I'm so proud of you and you're going to make that runway your bitch. I know you are."

Hearing those words come from him made my stomach tie in knots. I felt my cheeks burning, and hid my smile with my hand.

"You're the best, you know that?" I say to him.

"And you're my favorite." He smiles. "I'll see you after the show, alright? I've got a surprise waiting for you."

"Oh no, you're adding to all the stress!" I groaned, laughing to let him know I was only kidding. "Alright, I see you tonight."

He blew a kiss to the camera and winked before hanging up.

I then heard a door swing open, and it was Rowen with a panicked look on her face.

"There you are! Oh my god, what are you doing?! Get up! You'll ruin the dress!" She yells.

Quickly standing up, I stumble again. I felt lightheaded.

"What's wrong with you, Vivian?" Rowen asks.

I held my hand up against my forehead to see if I were fevered or anything. "Nothing, I'll be fine." I say.

Rowen grabs my hand, and looks straight into my eyes. "I'm not stupid, Vivian. I know what you've been doing."

I pull my hand away from her grip. "I haven't been doing anything, Ro. I'm just nervous."

"You're starving yourself for crying out loud. Look at you, you're on the verge of being skin and bones."

"Are you kidding me right now?" I scoff and roll my eyes. "Isn't this what you wanted?! Putting me on a strict diet, hiring me a personal trainer that forced me to have an intense gym session everyday? And a mentor that did nothing but humiliate and me feel bad about myself? Nothing is ever good enough for you, is it?" I started to raise my voice out of frustration and stress.

"Yes, you did need to lose some weight but not like this. Stop trying to make me look like the bad guy here when you're doing this to yourself!" She argues back.

I stood silent, and looked at her in disgust. "I didn't need to lose anything. I was hired to do this fashion show looking just the way I did before. I might be doing this to myself...but you played a huge part in it."

She didn't say anything. She just slowly crossed her arms and glared at me.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a runway to walk." I say, shoving past her.