Unexpected Visit | Aaron Judge

This one was requested by loneyheartquietmind

-

Erika was beyond ecstatic when she got a phone call from Aaron, her boyfriend of 4 months, informing her that his game got postponed due to the massive rain storm that has taken over the majority of the DMV (slang term for DC, Maryland, and Virginia). Erika had suggested that instead of spending the rest of the day in his hotel room bored out of his mind, that he could spend the night at her place and spend some rare time together during the long, busy regular season. 

She had driven all the way to the Four Seasons hotel not far from Nationals Park and had taken him home. She had asked him what he wanted for dinner and he had told her to surprise him with anything. 

She takes out a pot and starts making her home-made Alfredo sauce from scratch.

"Babe, can you take the chicken breasts out from the fridge and cut them into pieces, please?" she asks him.

"Sure," he smiles, going into the fridge and taking the chicken breasts out.

He starts cutting up the chicken into pieces as she works on the sauce. They talk among themselves and goof around. Once she mixes all the ingredients for the sauce together, she turns on the stove, letting the sauce simmer. She sees he has all the chicken pieces cut up and she takes out a skillet. He places all the chicken into the skillet to cook them. While the chicken cooks, she takes out another pot and puts water in it to boil. She then pours the fettucine in it as the water boils. Right as the chicken finishes cooking, she checks the fettucine and sees they're al dente. She then throws the pieces of cooked chicken into the pot with the fettucine.

"Babe, can you pass me the Alfredo?" Erika asks, as she drains all the water out of the pot filled with fettucine and chicken. 

"Sure," Aaron replies, handing her the pot filled with Alfredo sauce. 

She carefully pours the Alfredo sauce all over the noodles and chicken.

"I'm pretty sure the team would flip if they found out I was eating chicken Alfredo during the season," he informs her.

"Well good thing your game got postponed and you didn't have to stay at the Four Seasons tonight eating room service and drinking beer at the hotel bar," she replies, teasing him with what would have happened if he played tonight.

"Yeah, I like spending time with you much better," he replies.

She walks up to him and wipes off a little bit of Alfredo sauce that he has on his cheek. She sucks on her finger, humming at the delicious taste of the sauce. He dips his head down for a kiss but his movements are halted by the sound of the doorbell ringing.

"Can you get the door for me while I stir the food?" she asks him.

"Sure babe," he replies, walking into the living room.

He opens the door and is met with a semi-large group of people, causing his eyes to grow wide.

"Where's Erika?" her mother asks, looking at Aaron suspiciously.

"In the kitchen making dinner," he replies awkwardly, still not knowing who they are.

"And you are?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Aaron Judge, her boyfriend," he replies, extending his hand for her to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you, Aaron. I'm (Y/M/N), Erika's mother," she replies, shaking his hand.

Erika comes out of the kitchen to see her family standing in the living room greeting Aaron.

"You guys, you didn't tell me you guys were coming!" Erika replies, her eyes widening.

"We wanted to surprise you," her father replies.

"I didn't make enough food for you guys but I can definitely make more. It'll just take longer," she replies, feeling bad about only making dinner for her and Aaron.

"It's alright darling. We already ate at home," her father adds.

Her family sits down on the couches in the living room and turn on the TV. They put on Family Feud and start asking Aaron tons of questions as she finishes cooking in the kitchen.

"Babe, dinner's ready!" Erika calls out 10 minutes later.

Aaron gets up and heads to the kitchen where Erika has the food set up on the island. They serve themselves their food before heading back to the living room to spend time with her family.

"So Erika, Aaron tells us he's a right fielder for the Yankees," her mother says, as someone got a wrong answer in Family Feud.

"Yes, this is his 2nd season with the team," Erika replies, wiping her lip of excess Alfredo sauce.

"How come you never told us you had a boyfriend?" her father asks.

"I didn't really think it was a big deal. I've dated people in the past and it didn't work out, but I like Aaron even though we've only been dating for 4 months. It's just fairly new and I didn't wanna say anything in case things didn't work out, but I'm glad they are," she replies.

"Aaron, how many previous girlfriends have you had?" her father asks, causing Erika to practically choke on a piece of chicken.

"Dad!" she cries out, in between coughs.

"You okay, babe?" Aaron asks, handing her a glass of water and patting her back.

"I'm fine, babe. Thank you," she smiles, sipping the water and finally getting the coughing to stop.

"I've only had one girlfriend before but she couldn't handle the fact I'm a professional athlete," he explains to her father.

The rest of the night goes on with different members of her family grilling Aaron with questions about himself and his life. Luckily, he handles it well and never manages to crack under the pressure, which takes Erika by surprise. After a couple hours, her family starts getting ready to leave.

"Aaron, we would love for you to spend some time with us when your season ends," her mother suggests.

"I would really like that too, Mrs. (Y/M/L/N)," he replies, hugging her.

"It was lovely meeting you, Aaron. Take good care of my little girl," her father smiles, shaking his hand.

"I promise I will, Mr. (Y/F/L/N)," Aaron smiles.

Erika's parents walk out of the house and Aaron hugs Erika from behind, leaning down to rest his chin on her shoulder.

"I'm glad they liked you," Erika smiles, turning around to face him.

"Me too, babe, me too," he replies, before kissing her forehead.

-

Hey Erika, sorry this took forever but I hope you enjoyed it! I'll hopefully have another imagine coming up either today or tomorrow (but most likely tomorrow)

-

Taty