Chapter 9

I worked in the med jack hut for the rest of the evening, bandaging people up and pulling out countless splinters. The gladers looked at me with pity about what happened with Jason while I worked and it frustrated me. I was fine, nothing even happened thanks to newt. It was easy to forget about but their looks made it difficult to get out of my head.

After another half of hour of bandaging, Clint told me I was free to go. I was so tired from the days events I take no time to leave.

I find newt in the homestead taking off his shirt to prepare for bed. I can't help but stare at his muscular body, my thoughts wandering. He catches me looking and I blush clearing my throat. He smirks at me, "see something you like?"

"Nope" I try to sound convincing but my voice wavers. I crawl into the bed pulling the sheets over me, turning away from him so he can't see my face. Just as I get settled I feel the bed dip beneath me and newt pulls me into his chest.

"You want to rethink that answer?" He whispers huskily into my ear. My heart beats faster as his hand trails up my side and he starts placing kisses along my shoulder.

"I'm trying to sleep, thank you very much." I'm trying to keep my guard up, but he's making it very difficult. I moan lightly as he starts to suck and kiss my neck making me smirk. I turn around so I'm facing him and stick my tongue out at him. He chuckles and connects his lips with mine, parting my lips. His hands hold my waist tightly as I grip his shirt tightly, my breathing increasing. He pulls away and I groan.

He chuckles at his victory and I pout as I realized what he just did, turning away from him once again, "that's not fair."

"You shouldn't be whining. According to you, I'm not attractive." I can feel his smirk on the back of my neck.

"I never said those words exactly."

"But you don't want to see me shirtless?" He teases. I don't respond because I obviously do, but I can't admit that to him now. A sinister smile grows on his face as he gets up and starts to put his shirt back on.

"Wait! What're you doing?" I practically scream at him, sitting up in the bed.

"Well I don't want to make you uncomfortable by my nakedness."

"Cmon newt, just keep it off." He raises his eyebrows at me as his smirk grows knowing that he won, "can we just go to bed."

"Whatever you say love." I roll my eyes at him as he gets back in the bed, wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his face in the crook of my neck.

He chuckles, "you know you loved it."

"Newt!" I nudge him but laugh as he smiles into my neck, giving me one quick kiss there.

"I love that laugh"

"So you've said."

"And I'll keep saying it until I'm dead. What kind of boyfriend would I be if not to annoy you to death with compliments 24/7." I smile at 'boyfriend'.

"Well I hope I die soon then."

His arms tighten around me, "too bad I won't let that happen." I hear the seriousness in his voice. I smile but ignore him. I eventually yawn and my eyelids start to droop.

"Sleep love." It's the last thing I hear before I slip into a peaceful sleep full of nothingness.

I wake up in the same position that we fell asleep in. We were in such a deep sleep neither one of us had moved throughout the night. I look at him. His hair is a tangled mess and falls in his face. He looks cuter than ever curled up next to me.