2

Lyric POV
...
..
.
On my drive home I decided to stop and grab groceries, fridge starting to look empty.

As I made it to Kroger's, I grabbed a basket and began pushing it. As I was walking down the aisle, I found the pet aisle.

"Blue Eyes need some more food and toys," I responded to myself.

I walked down the aisle looking for a specific kind then I found it. On the top shelf.

"How am I suppose to get that." I looked around the aisle for a worker, but none where found.

"Ugh"

I stood on my tippy toes trying to grab the bag from the top. As I did so, I saw someone reach above me and grab the bag. I looked over and I froze.

"Oh my god." I thought to myself.

This tall, skinny handsome man stood in front of me holding the bag. His eyes were so beautiful. And his lips were full and pink. And his facial structure was everything.

"Excuse me ma. You good?"

I nodded snapping out of my zone. "Thanks," I replied grabbing the bag from him.

"No problem."

I got behind my cart and began pushing it, but I was stopped by his voice.

"I'm August by the way."

"Lyric."

"Pretty name for a pretty lady."

I blushed. Oh my god I'm blushing, why am I blushing.

"Thanks," I replied trying to hide my face. I could feel my cheeks turning red as an apple.

"Hope to see you again." He said as he walked in the other direction.

"Yea," I said looking at him.
...
..
.
"Bitch why you didn't get him number?"

"What was I supposed to say? "Oh thanks for grabbing the bag of dog food for me, hey can I get your number?"

"Uh duh bitch."

I rolled my eyes at Keisha's response. I wish I would've gotten his number, but I'm still trying to fix things with Clarence.

Oh, by the way Keisha is my best friend. She has been my best friend since we were in middle school. She's the only one who knows everything about me, except for Clarence. Which is another reason why I'm trying to work things out between us? I don't want him exposing my past.

"You went tell me what happened to you and Clarence, the two "love birds" you claim y'all are." She said motioning quotation signs with her fingers.

"I told him we need a couple of weeks away from each other. To cool down, clear the air."

"And you didn't get August number. Bitch you are dumb."

"I'm not dumb Keisha, plus he wouldn't talk to me. I'm not pretty enough."

"Yo quit telling yourself that Lyric. You a bad bitch don't let anybody tell you otherwise. But let me see August in person. I'm gone take his number myself."

I rolled my eyes and laughed a little at her statement and got up. "I got to go home and focus on this case. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay sis." After she said that I walked out.
...
..
.
As I pulled into my driveway I saw a familiar car. If that's Clarence I swear.

As I parked my car, grabbing the bags, and getting out I saw someone on my porch. It was Clarence.

"Clarence I said a couple of weeks, not a couple of hours."

"I can't stay away from you that long, baby I miss you."

I rolled my eyes and walked past him to my door unlocking it. Blue Eyes ran to the door greeting me.

"Hey boy," I said as I walked to the kitchen to put the bags down.

Clarence happily welcomed himself in closing the door behind him.

I went over to check Blue Eyes bowl and it was still some food and water left. I walked out of the kitchen and walked upstairs as Clarence followed.

"You Just Gone sit here and follow me everywhere I go?"

"Yeap."

I rolled my eyes and went into my room and laid on my bed. I was exhausted from work today and all I wanted to do was take a nap. Clarence had other plans.

"Clarence what are you doing?" I said sitting up looking at him as he took my shoes off.

"You look tired I just want to make my baby feel good."

I raised my eyebrow looking at him as if he had something up his sleeve. Clarence and I have been together for 3 years now. The longer we stay together the deeper I fall for him.

But the feeling I had when I saw August, I haven't felt that with Clarence since high school. Maybe Keisha is right. I need to find him.

ASAP.
...
..
.