Chapter 5

Jeffrey's POV:

Within seconds I got text back from my friends saying they'll be coming over later.

"Sam. Ryan, Noah, Ethan, Jacob, and Danny said they are coming over later."

"K"-Sam

Me and Sam we're sitting on my bed when my mom had called me over to her room.

I walked to her room leaving Sam in my room.

J- Jeffrey Jm- Jeffrey's mom

Jm- I got a call from my boss right now and he says we should start packing. He wants us there before the end of the month which is a week and a half from today.

J- ok. Can I start tomorrow because my friends are coming over tonight. Tonight's the night I'm going to tell all of my friends that we're moving.

Jm- ok. Mill see you in a bit. I'm going to go down to the store to pick up an item that I forgot to purchase. I'll be back soon.

J-ok. Bye mom

Jm- bye sweetie

I walked back over to my room where Sam was. I had asked Sam if he wanted to go outside for a bit. Surely enough he said yes. We both walked outside surely enough to see my mom backing out of the driveway.

• 15 minute later •

I receive a text from my friends [it's a group chat].

"Hey we're on our way. Jacob was able to give us all a ride so we should all be over in 2 minutes or so" -group message

In respond "ok. Me and Sam are outside so well just wait for you guys to come"

A minute or so later I see Jacobs Mom pull into the driveway.

"Bye Mrs. Hail [im really bad at names]" I scream as she leaves the driveway. I see her wave her hand back.

We all walk inside and go straight upstairs to my room. Minutes later my mom texts me to come downstairs. Me and my friends walk downstairs to see my mom I guess was already home had dinner ready.

• After dinner •

When dinner was over I asked my friends if they can wait at the table. I quickly ran upstairs and thought to myself what I was gonna say. After time passed I ran back downstairs to the table where all my friends were.

"My mother got a phone call from her boss the other day giving her a job opportunity in California. My mom asked me if I wanted to stay or go. I thought about it after some rest and I have decided to go. [I can see all my friends jaws drop] You may think because I'm leaving and we're all gonna separate apart. But I can still keep in touch with you all. We all have a phones or a communication device [I said giggling a little. I also didn't realize that me and my friends had tears in our eyes.] I wanted to tell you all together. I hope you all understand."

The reaction in my friends face was priceless. They all had a straight look in there eye with a sad/mad face on with a few tears in there eyes. After a moment of complete silence Sam, Ryan, Ethan, Noah, Jacob, and Danny all looked at eachother.

"It's ok buddy. Were gonna miss you. Have fun I California"- Noah

"Yah it's ok. We'll keep in touch"- Ethan

"School is gonna be different without you, but have fun in California"- Danny

"Take care. And tell me/us how the weather and how it is like living in California"-Ryan

"If you make any new friends or get into any fights or anything like that you text us [while laughing a little bit] - Jacob

"You took the offer. I'm proud of you. You have fun now. And you come back to visit us"- Sam

After all my friends talked I just tried to take everything in. I was happy that they we're not upset I was leaving but now I feel bad. I'm gonna miss my 6 Bestfriends but I knew I had to go. As soon as I was gonna go clean up the table Sam spoke.

"When do you leave?"-Sam

"I leave in a week and a half."

I got up and cleaned the table.

• It's been 6 days now that I've seen my friends •

I woke up to my mom yelling because she accidentally dropped a glass cup on the floor while trying to pack. We only had 5-6 days to have everything packed. Mine and our guest room was almost done with packing. Mine only had my bed in it, a charger for my phone, my ipad, guitar, and a bag of clothes. The guest room only had a dresser left.

My parents room still needed there bed, TV, and there bathroom. Packing wasn't that bad.

• 4 days passed •

Today was the last day of packing. There was nothing in out house except boxes everywhere. My parents took me out to eat lunch because we didn't have any food at our house. Once we arrive back home we we're supposed to have a U-Haul at our house but there wasn't. My mom was on the phone for 30 minutes or so.

"They got our order wrong they said they can send one over tomorrow around 9AM?"-Jeffrey's Mom

"Ok. What should we do till then because we were supposed to have it today and load it all up to have it ready by tomorrow morning."-Jeffrey's Dad

"Do you think I could go stop at Sams house real quick. I just need to tell him something in person before we leave tomorrow to the other side of this country"

My parents both nodded. I decided to walk since he only lived a mile or so.

I arrived at Sams house about 10 minutes later since I decided to walk slow and clear my mind. I knock of his door to him opening it. I asked if he can come outside.

"I'm leaving tomorrow. I just wanted to come by and say bye."

"Bye Jeffrey. You have fun in Cali. I'll see you soon ok?"- Sam

"Ok"

I walked back home. When I arrived there was a U-haul at our house, but whill I was gone my dad talked to the U-haul company and managed to get a U-haul tonight. Since it was night already my parents decided to load only half tonight and the other half tomorrow morning.

I woke up to the sound of my mom telling me it was time to go. I asked for 10 more minutes since 1 I just woke up and 2 I just wanted to have time alone.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I had all my bathroom stuff in a little baggy. I put the bag next to my charger and grabbed my phone. Since it was the last time I was gonna be in this house. I decided to make a vine. I still had my guitar and played a song called _____ [i don't know a lot of songs so if you have a song just fill it in]. Once I was done I posted it with a caption which read "today's my last day in this house in Boston. Off to California" within seconds I had people questions liking revining. I also made another vine of half at this house half at my new house.

Authors note:

END OF THIS CHAPTER. I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED. IF YOU DID LIKED IT PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT & I DECIDED TO DO A QOTD KIND OF THING TO GET TO KNOW THAT YOUR ACTIVE.

••••

QOTD: If Jeffrey was to walk up to you and say hi what would your reaction be...

••••

Also to do next chapter I need 8+ comments or 8+ votes and I will also need at least 2 comments answering my QOTD