Chapter 2

Author's Note

Just a heads up, all the chapters and the story is really long, so if you like reading long stories, then this is for you. Enjoy!

Ivy
October 27, 5:01 p.m.

  "Hey mom!" I say as she opens the door. Her face lights up. "Ivy! How are you?" She hugs me. "Oh its been so long!" I chuckle. "I miss you too." She pulls me into the house and into the kitchen where she is making lunch. I put my bag on the floor and sit in one of the island chairs.
  "So, how's everything? How's skating? How's Zara?" Zara is my coach. " I'm good, skating - is ok, and Zara's great. She recommended paired skating." She chops some vegetables and glances at me, then back down. "Oh good that great. You should really try new things. You dont really tend to." She smiles.
  I yawn and she notices. You should go upstairs and rest while I cook. I'm making your favorite, chicken teriyaki!" I smile. "Thanks." I grab my bag and go upstairs.
  I reach my room and as I creak open the door, a little corgi head pops through the crack and starts barking. " Darcie!! Hi girl! Oh I missed you so much!" I pick her up and cuddle her. I walk into my room and stay there for 5 seconds. Its the same way it was when I left.
  Same sky blue walls, transparent pink curtains and white desk with a corkboard full of drawings when I was 16 next to the window. A TV sits on a shelf that is positioned horizontally, and books fill the shelves. I look at the bed in the edge of the room. Its a queen sized bed, and has cool french gray covers, with 2 matching pillows, and a pink fluffy heart pillow.
  " I see she didn't  change anything." I mumble. I dump my stuff on the floor and throw myself on the bed and think. I came back to my hometown because I became homesick and missed my town. After the incident, I wanted to take it easy.
   I jolt up to remember, today is Crystal's (my best friend, and also skating friend, since I was 5) competition. I search for the remote around my room until I find it on my desk, and turn the TV on. I quickly skim through the channels until I get to channel 475, (MCT). "Welcome to the 2019 National Grand Prix Regionals!" The anncouncer says. 
   I sigh of relief as they show the people skating. Crystal and I have been best friends, basically sisters, since 5. We met at our homerink, and ever since then, we've been side by side, both fighting to represent the U.S.
  "Next up we have Crystal Waters from Detroit, U.S. She'll be skating to ' It's over isn't it', from Steven Universe." I slap my forehead so hard, I feel it getting red. She has been wanting to skate to that song since 7.                 

She skates onto the ice with a beautiful dress that makes me jealous. Its a dark royal blue dress that wraps around her left shoulder, neck and her left arm and its followed by gemstones. She has two little roses sewn to her left hip as well.
  She skates to the center and starts her beginning pose. I remember she texted me her program so I quickly take out my phone and check the list.

  She does four jumps in her program: She first starts with a triple salchow, does 2 other jumps, and ends with a triple axel. "Wait.. A triple axel?! She doesn't know how to do one! She can barely do it! I look up at the screen and she is doing a camel spin. She does well and gets all her jumps up to the triple axel. I cross my fingers as she lines up for the jump.
  "Ooh! She stumbles, but gets up and continues!" That was decent. She does her layback spin and ends the program. The crowd applauses as she bows and skates off. She goes to the kiss and cry to await her score. "

  Crystal Waters from Detroit, U.S. Short program score is  212.75." I squeal in happiness and text her, as it is live, and say, " You did really good! Congrats!!❤❤". 2 seconds later, her coach gives her her phone and she reads my text. She smiles and looks up at the camera and waves. I smile back.

Mark
October 27, 3:47 p.m.

"Hello! Welcome to the McCann Ice shop! How may I help you?" I feel a bit embarrassed since I'm buying figure skates. "Can I get figure skates?" I ask. "Of course, what size and brand?" "Er size 7 and....uhmm"
  She notices my hockey skates and smiles at me. "I see you don't know alot about figure skates." I blush and say, " Er yeah." Are they for you or for someone else?" "For me. I'm just starting."
  "Oh great, so I'll get you Edeas and it'll be $567.00." She says, going to the storage to get my stuff. Shs comes back 20 seconds later to hand me my stuff. " Credit Card please." She glances at me, rhen at my credit card
   "Y'know, I'm a bit of a starter too. I'm starting paired skating." I look at her. "Me too actually."
  She smiles and hands me my credit card. "Would you mind if I teach you some things? Maybe Tuesday?" " Uh sure." I say, grabbing my stuff and head out. I turn around and ask for her name. "It's Ivy." She says. Her name sounds familiar.

Ivy
October 27, 6:01 p.m.

I'm closing up the shop when my coach approaches me and asks if I want to skate for a few hours. " Sure." I say, shrugging. I practice for a few hours, still trying to perfect my jumps again, then head home for the day.