Chapter 5

Ivy
October 31, 8:07 p.m.

I did it. My first competition in 2 months. " You did so good!" My coach says as I step off the ice. I continue to cry and Zara ( aka. My coach) notices. "Ivy.. Are you crying?" I nod crying even more. She hugs me again, a little longer this time. I calm down and wait for a while before they announce the results and I get 2nd place and the girl in 1st place- Melissa Ortiz- asked me to sign her medal, and I did. I grabbed all my stuff and was about to leave when two people start yelling."YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!" " I'M TRYING TO USE YOUR SKILLS!" " I DON'T HAVE ANY SKILLS, I AM RETIRED! LEAVE.ME.ALONE." Wait... Mark?? He storms away and out the rink. "Ok..?" I say to my coach. " Lets just leave." She says. I nod

Mark
October 31, 8:13 p.m.

I walk out and lean on the wall bext to the door. Unbelievable. I show up one day at the rink and guess who else shows up?? David. My Ex-Hockey coach. I hated him. He used to obsess over how "good" and "perfect" I was. He kept pushing others to be like me and it's sad. Once i told him I quit, he has been trying to find me and convince me to come back when I dont want to. A gentle breeze of cool air goes by and I sigh as I comb my hand through my hair. I put my hand in the pocket of my football jacket and feel a little box. I pull it out to see it. Its cigarettes. I pull off my jacket to chack the tag. Me and my brother have the same jacket. I guess when I gave him a ride home he took mine instead of his. I relucantly open the box to see 6 cigarettes. I pull one out and think. Will I? I search for a lighter when the door opens. Out come Ivy and her coach. I shove the box back into my pocket as fast as I can. "Hey Ivy." She turns around to look at me. "Hi?" I rub my neck as a nervous habit. "Look, I'm sorry about yesterday and it was completely my fault. Can we just make up and maybe give me a second chance?" She looks at me with a slightly disgusted face, but then drops it and says, "Maybe." She walks away while he coach says to me, " Meet us at the rink on Wednesday. 9 o'clock sharp." Then catches up to Ivy. Sure.