Chapter 6

Mark
November 4, 8:30 a.m.

BEEP BEEP BEEP. I groan as I hear the shrill or the alarm. I grab my phone and throw it across the room. It continues to screech and I cover my ears with my pillow. I jolt up as I remember I have to be at the rink. I grab my phone from across the room and check the time. 8:30 a.m. 8:30 a.m.?!! I rush and take a shower, brush my teeth, grab a muffin and head out the door.

8:58 a.m.

I get out of my car and rush into the rink and tie my skates. I get onto the ice where Ivy's coach, Zara, is watching Ivy skate around. She turns around and smiles as she greets me.  Ivy notices I'm here and says with a bit of a harsh tone," What is he doing here?? I didn't say yes to this Zara!" I feel a bit guilty for being here but I hide it by smirking. "Hey, I thought we were good." She scoffs and rolls her eyes. "You wish." Zara finally says to Ivy, "Hey, I thought you would say yes!" She sighs and skates close to me, a tiny bit to close, getting ice shavings on my boots. "One mishap and you're gone." I stand there in shock as she skates to the middle. "Hello? Lets go!" She claps. I snap out of it and quickly skate towards her.

Ivy
November 13, 8:57 a.m.

"Ok!" Zara clapped her hands." So I have an announcement! We are competiting in the 2020 Grand Prix!" My mouth drops. "The Grand Prix?!" I say. I've been yearning to compete in a professional competition for so long! I start squealing before I notice, "Wait, did you say 'we'?" I ask. "Yeah 'we' as in you and Mark." "What?" I say, a bit upset. "Well, you two wwre getting along so Im taking it to the next level." Zara said, locking her hands together. I cross my arms and look at Mark, whos shrugs. I roll my eyes and sigh. "Fine, whatever." Me and Mark have been 'getting along' these few days but we're ok. He still falls here and there but I let it get away with it since its not his fault. "Ok so I got the program ready so when you guys are ready, pit on your skates and let's get on the ice. We stand ther for 3 seconds when I suck my teeth and say, " I'll see you on the ice."
                             💙💙
"And twirl around and dip!" Zara counts as we end the program she put together. He dips me, arms around his neck. I look into his eyes and he gives me a feeling I've havent felt in a while. I feel myself blushing and I clear my throat. He notices as well and pulls me up. I try not to make things more awkward by looking around but end up doing so.  I see coach trying to cover her huge smile. I skate towards the wall where Zara is holding my water bottle and she hands it to me, speaking in a low voice,"That was beautiful." I stare at her. "Zara! Shut up!" "You guys were so cute!" I shove my face in my hands. "Zaraaaa. It didn't mean anything." "Do you like him?" She says, biting her lip. "uhmmm No..." She smiles even bigger. "Ooohh!" I laugh. "Zara, you sound like a little kid asking me if I like some boy." I drank some water before going back to the center to learn the program for an hour before going home with Zara.