Chapter 4

Ivy
October 31, 5:51 p.m.

I finish my lunch and rush upstairs to put on my skating dress that was a pastel lemon dress that fades to a white at the end and the top and skirt are separated by a v-shaped belt made of gemstones. I put on some natural makeup with a pink to nude- ish lipstick. I grab my skating bag and say bye to my mom then rush out the house.

                              ~~~

  "Well, have fun." My coach smiles at me before I get onto the ice. As soon as I step foot on the ice, someone flys past me. I growl under my breath as I know who it was. Mark. Of course he's here. I get distracted by all the people in the rink, some hugging the walls and some skating around. I skate around the rink along with the other people and I notice people are staring at me. Is something wrong with me? I try ignore it and skate, when a girl that looks 12 or 13 stops beside me with a pen and autograph book. "Are you Ivy Maucauly??" She asks desperately. I smile." Yes I am." She hands me her autograph book and I write a little message in her book. I ask her what's her name. "It's Lila." When I give it back to her, she started tearing. I open my arms to give her a hug and she rushes into me and knocks me down. I start laughing my head off while Lila starts freaking out. "Omgosh are you ok! Im so sorry!" I nod while still laughing. I pull myself together and we both stand up. "I'm so sorry, your so cool, I love you thanks." She says, then skates off to her friend. I smile. I few minutes pass and I notice a group of guys passing around alot, I also noticed a guy wearing a giraffe onesie.  It turns out it was Mark wearing the onesie. I try to contain my laughter at how humorous he looked. He saw me and smiled to himself. I finish up my time skating around and I skate to the middle to do some jumps and spins. While doing them, alot of people cheer or clap for me. I feel Marks eyes on me.

Mark
October 31, 8:00 p.m.

After 8:00, there is a competition to wrap up the monster mash. The 4th competitor is Ivy. I don't know why, but I kinda wanted to see her skate. "Next up we have 3 time Olympic Gold Medalist, Ivy Maucauly!" The announcer states as she smiles as she skates onto the ice. She looks pretty. I feel a bit guilty about what happened yesterday. I put that aside as the music started. She goes through her program, tripping on one of her jumps and ends. The audience cheers even louder than when Ivy got on the ice. I noticed that while bowing, tears well up and run down her cheeks. She skates off and wipes her eyes. As I get up and leave, I notice I'm smiling. I thinknto myself, do i like her? I stand up and push through the audience and walk down the stairs. I see her with her coach. I start jogging towards them when a familiar voice speaks to me. " Long time no see Mark."