Trying To Make It Right

When I woke up the next day I heard hushed conversation coming from the living room. I felt better with the fact Austin was next to me when I woke up this time.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked.

"As good as I could I guess." I replied.

"Do you want some breakfast?" Austin asked.

"What time is it?" I replied. Austin rolled over and grabbed his phone.

"Uh... Let me rephrase that. Do you want some lunch?" he said with a giggle.

"Sure." I laughed. "Wait... Who's here?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. Hold on and stay here. I'll go check." Austin replied. He stepped out of the room and when he came back he began rushing around.

"What's going on Austin?" I asked worried.

"Here. Put these on." Austin said throwing me a pair of his shorts and a T-shirt.

"Austin!" I said starting to freak out.

"I'll explain it in the car. Come on. Lets go!" Austin said handing me my crutches and taking me out the back door.

"Who was here?" I said when we got in the car.

"Babe." Austin said reaching over and grabbing my hand. "It was your mom..." he finished.

"What?" I said letting go of his hand. "Did it ever cross your mind I might want to see my mom? Talk to her? Know what's going on?" I said my anger rising.

"I... I'm... I'm sorry." Austin said looking down.

"Sorry? What the hell were you thinking?" I said raising my voice.

"Babe... I just... I don't want you to get hurt... She's talking to my mom! My mom will tell us everything!" Austin replied.

"I'm... I'm sorry." I stuttered before bursting into tears. Austin pulled the truck to a stop. He got out and came to my door.

"Hey... Hey. It's ok. Come here." he said and helped me out of the car. He led me to a place that suddenly I recognized.

"What are we doing here?" I said still sobbing.

"It's out in 'the middle of nowhere' and I figured you could use some time away." Austin said shyly.

"Austin?" I said.

"Yea?...." He replied nervously.

"I'm sorry about what I said in the car... I'm just so stressed and I don't know what to do!" I said my sobs slowing.

"I know you didn't mean it babe." Austin said. He reached his hand out and placed it on my cheek. "I'm here for you. I'm not going anywhere!" he said then pulled my face to his.

"Why do you stay? I push you away. I cry all the time. I'm such a horrible person! Why do you stay?" I said crying harder now.

"Babe. To me you are perfect. All the things you see as flaws I see as you. I love every inch of you." he said trailing kisses all the way up my body.

"I don't see how a guy like you could love a girl like me..." I replied.

"But yet I do and it's the greatest experience of my life." he replied and kissed me.

"I love you" I replied and just fell into his arms I am so emotionally drained.

"Let's go home babe." Austin said kissing my forehead and helping me up. When we got in the car I fell asleep almost instantly. I guess I didn't wake up when we got home either because when I woke up I was in Austin's bed.

"So wait... She's moving?" Austin said to someone in the hallway I assumed to be his mom.

"That's what her mom said. She said they never stay anywhere very long..." A voice replied. Definitely his mom.

"Does Em know?" Austin asked.

"Unfortunately no... And her parents expect you to tell her...." his mom replied.

"No! I won't do it! I can't do it! She's not moving!" Austin replied angrily.

"Shhh! Austin! You're gonna wake her!" his mom said then I came out of Austin's room.

"W-W-What's going on?" I replied still kinda groggy from sleep.

"Um... Em... You're mafghgj" Austin said purposefully jumbling the last word.

"I'm what?" I asked confused.

"You're moving..." his mom said.

"I'm what?" I said this time shocked. I took off for the door, but Austin got there first.

"Em... Breathe!" Austin said.

"I'm going to talk to my parents. Move!" I said angry.

"You're not going alone. Come on." Austin said walking out the door. He knocked on my door before I even got there and my dad was already yelling.

"Dad. I've had enough! You stop yelling at him right now and move over and let us in." I yelled louder than I intended.

"Ha! Look at you thinking your little crippled ass intimidates me." My dad said not budging. I looked down and Austin was clenching his fists.

"Don't..." I whispered to Austin. "I will not ask you again. Move!" I said shoving my dad and going inside.

"Em!" My mom said surprised.

"I don't want sweet talk. I'm here to clear up one thing. You can move, but I refuse to move! We just moved here and I'm not up and moving myself because dad is a fucking alcoholic! I refuse to keep doing that. I always believed your 'We got a better job here' bullshit for too long and I'm done!" I said boiling with anger.

"Emily! Watch your language!" my mom said her face growing red.

"Is that really all you got from that? Seriously? Go! Leave! I mean you're not here anymore than you would be if you were in a whole different state!" I screamed.

"Emily... I..." my mom replied.

"We leave tomorrow." my dad said.

"I'll get my things when you're gone." I said and turned around and left and Austin followed.

"Babe..." Austin said just stopping and hugging me. "I never knew it was that bad..." he said.

"It's always been that bad, but I just now stopped putting up with it..." I replied.

"Come on. Lets go home." Austin said and I became happy for the first time in a while at the fact he considered it my home too.