Problem Solved?

That next morning I was in the room I'd just moved into cleaning it out...

"Em. I'm sorry but you can't stay here! We can't just leave you!" my mom said. Even though my dad is a violent alcoholic my mom has always somewhat been there for me. Well at least she's tried.

"Mom. We just moved here! I'm not just up and moving again! You and dad just run from all your problems! Every time someone finds out about dad's alcohol problem we move. Every time! I'm done with it!" I said trying to stay calm.

"Em...." my mom said then opened her mouth like she was going to say more, but closed it again and left my room. Moments later I heard them yelling then the front door slam and soon after my mom was back in my room.

"I um... I told your dad to get his um... His drinking under control or leave and well... He left... So um we're staying here, but until he learns how to get his drinking under control he won't be around here anymore." she said.

"Thank you." I said as I started unpacking my things yet again. She sat there silently for a few minutes then got up and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took me a while to get my life back together, but I finally somewhat had. I haven't seen my dad in months and my mom is so much better now that he's not controlling her. I got her to go to therapy and it's helped her a lot. I finally got my cast off so I can walk again which is fantastic! I realized I left my phone in my room so I went down to get it and got there just in time for the last few rings of a call. "Hey" I answered. "Hey babe! So I was thinking... It's been a rough time for you lately and your cast is off so let's do something. You know... To get your mind off things." Austin said and I sighed with relief. "That sounds fantastic." I said then paused. "Thank you." I breathed out. "I'll be right over. I love you!" Austin said. "I love you too Austin" I said then hung up.