Daddy Nightmare

The pills must have really knocked me out because I woke up the next day with Austin gone. I looked at the clock and it said 1:45. Geez! I grabbed my crutches and got out of bed. I walked to the living room to find my parents home.

"So Em. Would you care to explain why we came home to find Austin in your bed with you?" my mom said firmly.

"Um well as you can see my ankle is kinda broken. He stayed the night just in case I needed anything because you weren't here." I replied with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"And how exactly did you break your ankle?" my mom asked not sounding too convinced.

"I went to a trampoline place with Austin and some friends and landed wrong and it snapped. That's why I was with Austin in the first place." I replied even more annoyed.

"Whatever." my mom said rolling her eyes then walked away.

"Seriously? Broke her fucking ankle? That kid." I overheard my dad say in the other room. That's when I was sent over the edge. I grabbed my keys off the table and walked out the door.

"Woah! Woah! Hey! What are you doing?" Austin yelled frantically as he ran over to stop me from getting in my car.

"I'm leaving. I can't take another minute in that house!" I yelled angrily.

"Babe. Calm down. It's ok!" Austin said as he helped me to his house.

"It's not ok! I'm tired of being insulted by my own fucking parents!" I screamed the anger rising.

"Babe." Austin said kissing my forehead. "It's ok." He continued, kissing my nose. "You're here now." He said then kissed my lips. That's when my anger turned into tears. Austin pulled me into him and I buried my head in his neck.

"They're gonna find me here! They're gonna find me!" I said and my sobs grew louder.

"They won't hurt you babe. I won't let them." he replied kissing my forehead. I cried myself to sleep right there in his arms. I'm not really sure how long I slept before I heard loud banging at the door. Austin's mom answered the door and she came in and woke Austin up, not knowing she had also woken me. I heard her whispering and next thing I knew his mom was sneaking me out the back door as Austin was running to the front door.

"Where the hell is my daughter?" my dad asked angrily.

"I haven't seen her all day sir." Austin said.

"Hell if I believe that! And put a damn shirt on boy!" my dad replied.

"Last I saw her was this morning when I left your house." Austin replied calmly. How the hell he's keeping his cool I don't know.

"Why don't you let me have a look for myself?" my dad said as he shoved Austin out of the way. By that time I was out of the house and back in mine. I'd put on my pajamas and slipped into bed when moments later my dad came storming in and ripped the covers off of me.

"Where the hell have you been?" he yelled.

"Well I got up to pee like 20 minutes ago. Other than that I've been right here in bed." I replied trying to stay calm.

"Right." he replied throwing my covers down and leaving my room, slamming the door. I sat there curled in a ball in my bed, my breathing racing for about 30 minutes when my mom came in.

"Em, are you ok?" she asked.

"Yea...." I sighed.

"I'm sorry about your dad... He's drunk again...." my mom said sounding embarrassed.

"If this is going to be a regular occurrence I am not living here." I said firmly.

"He's getting it under control... You know that!" my mom replied.

"Mom. You've been saying that since I was 7 years old. I'm 15 now! He's not getting it under control!" I replied.

"I..." was all my mom could get out.

"I'm going to Austin's. I'm not sleeping in this house when he's like this." I said then got up and left before my mom could say a word. I knocked on Austin's door and his mom answered.

"Oh hey Emily. Is everything alright?" she asked sounding worried.

"My dad's super drunk... Is it alright if I stay here? At least for the night?" I said shyly.

"Yea. No problem! Come in!" she said and I felt so relieved.

"Thank you!" I breathed out.

"Emily!" Austin said sounding surprised and worried.

"Hey..." I said kind of embarrassed. He walked over to me and hugged me.

"Is everything alright?" he asked.

"It is now." I replied. He sighed a sigh of relief and we went to his room.

"So what's going on?" Austin asked.

"My dad is a major alcoholic... He has been since I was 7..." I started and Austin grabbed my hand. "He was super drunk tonight... Honestly I don't remember what he's like when he's sober...." I said.

"I'm so sorry..." Austin said.

"I'm used to it I guess..." I said looking down. "Um let's get some sleep." I said to change subject.

"Uh. Yea." Austin said and laid down. He motioned for me to lay down as well. I laid down and he wrapped around me tighter than ever before.

"I love you." I whispered inches from his lips.

"I love you too." he whispered back then our lips connected and as they fell apart I buried my head in his neck where I drifted to sleep.