Shower routine for June 15-July 6

So I've decided to share with you guys my shower routine from spring of this year. Maybe you can get some ideas for your own routine!

I find that structure is very important in my life. I need a routine for pretty much everything. I'm a very organized person in general, so I set up my own shower routine. Sometimes I change it, which is why I added a date to the top.

Usually I take a shower about 3 hours before bed, right after I exercise. I brush my hair out, and if I haven't oiled my hair already, I'll do it then (see Hair Care). After oiling, I either wait overnight and wash it in the morning, or else I'll wait from 30 mins to an hour. To take off my makeup, I use coconut oil and tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is really good for the skin, so I use it on a regular basis. If I'm not wearing makeup, I'll do this step anyways and skip cleansing later on. Then I hop in the shower and rinse off completely. Firstly, I wash off with a Himalayan salt soap.

Secondly, I rinse off again and shampoo. I only use shampoo on my roots, then I scrub it into a thick lather and spread it down to my ends and wash it out. Next I put conditioner on the ends of my hair and leave it in for around 3 minutes. I run a gentle brush through my hair (it's not wooden, the bristles are a flexible plastic that prevent breakage). After I finish brushing it, I rinse it out. If my hair is feeling a little dryer than usual, I'll repeat this step, but only for 1 minute instead of 3. I towel dry off, but to dry my hair, I typically pat my hair dry with a towel. I go over to the mirror and apply my moisturizer (the steam opens up the pores and helps the product to be more effective).

To finish drying my hair off (because I have long hair on the thicker side) I'll go outside (around now it's about 80 degrees at 9pm) and swing on the swing set. The heat combined with the breeze dries my hair really fast.

Thank you for reading! I hope this was helpful.