CHAPTER XL

( real life ! )

"I want to thank the Television Academy, winning an award like this has been a dream of mine since I was five years old, I have to say thank you to Disney Channel, and our talented writing staff for creating such amazing and important content for young children, they created two incredibly different, very flawed girls and made role models out of both of them. Empowering young women and sending a positive message, which is what this is all about. It's the reason why I got started in this industry, and I couldn't be prouder of what we've created on this show." Penny paused taking a deep breath before continuing with her speech. "To the show's producers and creators, thank you for parenting me through my teens, and allowing me space to discover who I am. I want to thank Kali, Benjamin, Joey, and Tenzing for being my on-screen family, I love you guys and this is for you guys. I want to thank George Marsh for allowing me to play these amazing twins for the past few years." Penny paused letting out a small laugh. "I'm almost done. I need to thank my incredible family my mother Bonnie, my sister Claire, my father Phil, my incredible boyfriend Thomas, who are all here with me tonight and I know my father is here with me in spirit, as well as my amazing friends Jensen and Jared who pushed me to take on this dual role even if it meant leaving them. These people are unparalleled in their love and support and I owe everything to them. And finally I am extremely humbled to be in this room with all of you tonight. Goodbye Liv and Maddie, what a beautiful send off." She finished allowing a few tears to slip down her cheeks as she held up her award.

(crecientes©)